- want to do sth 想做某事
I want to go to school.
- want sb to do sth 想让某人做某事
I want my son to go to school.
- be different from 与......不同
The weather in Beijing is different from that of Nanjing.
- be the same as 与……相同
His trousers are the same as mine.
- be friendly to sb 对某人友好
Mr. Wang is very friendly to us.
- welcome to sp 欢迎来到某地
Welcome to China.
- What’s the matter with sb/sth？ 某人/某物出什么毛病了？
What’s the matter with your watch？
- what to do 做什么
We don’t know what to do next.
- let sb do sth 让某人做某事
Let him enter the room.
- let sb not do sth 让某人不做某事
Let him not stand in the rain.
- why don’t you do sth？ 你怎么不做某事呢？
Why don’t you play football with us？
- why not do sth？ 怎么不做某事呢？
Why not play football with us？
- make sb sth 为某人制造某物
My father made me a kite.
- make sth for sb 为某人制造某物
My father made a kite for me.
- What do you mean by doing sth？你做……是什么意思？
What do you mean by doing that？
- like doing sth 喜爱做某事
Jim likes swimming.
- like to do sth 想去做某事
He doesn’t like to swim now.
- feel like doing sth 想要做某事
I feel like eating bananas.
- would like to do sth 想要做某事
Would you like to go rowing with me？
- would like sb to do sth 想要某人做某事
I’d like you to stay with me tonight.
- make sb do sth 使某人做某事
His brother often makes him stay in the sun.
- let sb do sth 让某人做某事
Let me sing a song for you.
- have sb do sth 使某人做某事
You shouldn’t have the students work so hard.
- be far from sp 离某地远
His school is far from his home.
- be near to sp 离某地近
The hospital is near to the post office.
- be good at sth/doing sth 擅长某事/做某事
We are good at English.
They are good at boating.
- It takes sb some time to do sth 做某事花费某人多长时间
It took me more than a year to learn to draw a beautiful horse in five minutes.
- sb spends some time/money （in ）doing sth 某人花一些时间/钱做某事
I spent twenty years（in）writing the novel.
- sb spends some time/money on sth 某人花一些时间/钱在某事/物上
Jim spent 1000 yuan on the bike.
- sth costs sb some money 某物花了某人一些钱
The bike cost Jim 1000 yuan.
- sb pays some money for sth 某人为某物付了一些钱
Jim paid 1000 yuan for the bike.
- begin/start sth with sth 伴随......开始做某事
The started the meeting with a song.
- be going to do sth 打算做某事
We are going to study in Japan.
- call A B 叫A B
They called the village Gumtree.
- thank sb for sth/doing sth 感谢某人做某事
Thank you for your help/helping me.
- What…for？ 为什么？
What do you learn English for？
- How/ what about doing sth？做某事怎么样？
How about going fishing？
- S +be+ the+最高级+of/in短语
Lucy is the tallest in her class.
- S + be +比较级+than any other + n
Lucy is taller than any other student in her class.
- have to do sth 不得不/必须做某事
I have to go home now.
- had better do sth 最好做某事
You’d better study English hard.
- had better not do sth 最好别做某事
You’d better not stay up.
- help sb to do sth 帮助某人做某事
Lucy often helps Lily to wash her clothes.
- help sb do st 帮助某人做某事
He usually helps me learn English.
- help sb with sth 帮助某人做某事
I sometimes help my mother with the housework.
- make it +时间 把时间定在......
Let’s make it 8：30.
- take sb to sp 带某人到某地
Mr. Wang will take us to the Summer Palace next Sunday.
- have nothing to do （with sb）与某人没有关系
That has nothing to do with me.
- 主语+ don’t think + 从句 ......认为……不……
I don’t think it will rain tomorrow.
- It’s + adj + for sb to do sth 做某事对某人来说怎么样
It is lucky for you to go to London.
- How + adj/adv + 主+ 谓！......多么…...啊！
How beautiful the flower is！
- what + a/an + adj + [c] + 主+ 谓！
What an beautiful flower it is！
- What + adj+ pl/[u] +主+ 谓！
What bad weather it is today！
- find it + adj + to do sth 发现做某事如何
I find it hard to speak English well.
- ask sb for sth 向某人要某物
They often ask me for money.
- need to do sth 需要做某事
You need to study hard.
- need sth 需要某物
I don’t need your money.
- use sth to do sth 用某物来做某事
We use pens to write.
- show sb sth 给某人看某物
Please show me the map.
- show sth to sb 把某物给某人看
Please show the map to me.
- pass sb sth 把某物递给某人
Pass me the cup of tea.
- pass sth to sb 把某物递给某人
Pass the cup of tea to me.
- buy sb sth 为某人买某物
Mother bought me a bike.
- buy sth for sb 为某人买某物
Mother bought a bike for me.
- give sb sth 把某物给某人
Jim gave me an English dictionary.
- give sth to sb 把某物给某人
Jim gave an English dictionary to me.
- get to sp 达到某地
I got to Beijing on the morning of May 1st.
- arrive at/in sp 达到某地
I arrived in Beijing on the morning of May 1st.
- reach sp 达到某地
I reached Beijing on the morning of May 1st.
- hope to do sth 希望某人做某事
I hope to see you soon.
- there is sth wrong with sth/sb 某物/某人出毛病了
There is something wrong my car.
- sth is wrong with……某物出毛病了
Something is wrong with my car.
- How do you like sth？ 你认为……怎么样？
How do you like Beijing？
- What do you think of sth？ 你认为……怎么样？
What do you think of Beijing？
- start doing sth 开始做某事
I started learning English in 1983.
- start to do sth 开始做某事
I started to watch TV after finishing my homework.
- finish doing sth 完成做某事
I finished cleaning my car just now.
- enjoy doing sth 喜欢做某事
They all enjoy living and working in China.
- what else… 别的什么
What else do you want to buy？
- forget doing sth 忘记做过某事（已做）
I forgot turning off the lights. Look， it is dark in the room.
- forget to do sth 忘了做某事（未做）
I forgot to turn off the lights. Could you go back and shut them off？
- remember doing sth 记得做过某事（已做）
I remembered returning your money. You are so forgetful.
- remember to do sth 记住做某事（未做）
Remember to bring me some money tomorrow.
- stop to do sth 停下来去做另一件事
He stopped to talk with Mary when she entered the office.
- stop doing sth 停止正在做的事
The students stopped talking when the teacher came in.
- watch/see/hear sb do sth 观看/看见/听见某人做了某事
I saw you pick an apple just now.
- watch/see/hear sb doing sth 观看/看见/听见某人在做某事
I saw you playing basketball with your classmates on the playground then.
- go on doing sth 继续做同一件事
He went on reading after a short rest.
- go on to do sth 继续做另一件事
He went on to read after finishing wash the dishes.
- go on with sth 继续某事
He went on with his work after a short rest.
- say hello/goodbye to sb 向某人打招呼/告别
I came to say goodbye to you.
- be busy doing sth 忙于做某事
They are busy planting trees on the hill.
- be interested in sth 对某事感兴趣
We are all interested in English.
- tell sb to do sth 让某人做某事
Mother told me to go shopping with her.
- ask sb to do sth 请某人做某事
Jim ask me to go rowing with him.
- call/ring sb up 给某人打电话
I will call you up tommow.
- be ready to do sth 准备好做某事
We are ready to have lunch.
- go doing sth 去做某事
Let’s go fishing.
- prefer（doing）A to（doing）B 比起（做）B来更喜欢（做）A
Lucy prefers English to French.
I prefer staying at home to going to the cinema.