(What is the idea? What are facts?)
④要把有关 WHO ，WHAT ，WHERE ，HOW 和 WHY 等方面内容用笔圈画出来。
英语阅读理解解题技巧 一、猜测词义题 阅读理解经常会遇到生词，这些生词怎么解决呢 ?这就需要一些猜词的技巧。 (一)根据生活常识猜测词义
Children are always boasting. They say things like “My Dad's car is bigger than yo，ur”D“adM'sy
Mom is smarter than yours. ” and “ My family has more money than yours. ”
( )1. The word “boasting ” means
- 骄傲 B.吹牛 C.顽皮 D.幼稚
Many plants and animals are going extinct . Mammoths ，which are related(有关联的 ) with Asia elephants，are now extinct. There are no mammoths in the world today.
( )2. A mammoth is a kind of _ .
- plant B .bird C .animal D. tree
( )3. .The word extinct means
- 出现 B.危险 C.灭绝
首先浏览一遍题目， 看清题目要求理解什么细节， 然后有选择性地在文中找出相应的段落句子 或短语，认真分析理解，选出正确答案。
What do you think of your teachers? Now ，American students can say what they think on a new
website! Students can rate评(
定 ) their teachers. So far，there have been 2 million ratings for 365，000
teachers at 21， 000 schools in the US and Canada.
( )4. Where can the students rate评(
定 ) their teachers according to the passage?
- On a new website B. At the class meeting
- In the classroom. D. Out of the school
Years ago，many zoos kept all kinds of animals in small cages. Small cages made it easy for people to see the animals， but a small cage is not a good place for an animal to live in. Today zoos keep animals
in different kinds of cages. The cages are very big and open. They usually have plants and a little lake.
( )5.. Zoos kept animals in small cages so that people can
- protect them B. see them better C. feed them D. save them
( )6. .Today，zoos keep animals
- in bigger cages. B. in the wild. C. in smaller cages. D.in the field
People in different countries have different table manners. Something that is polite in one country may be quite impolite in another. In Britain ，you mustn't lift your bowl to your mouth when you are having some liquid( 液体 )food. But it's different in China. And in Japan you even needn't worry about
making noises when you have it. It shows that you are enjoying it.But it is regarded as bad manners in
( ) 7. The passage mainly主(
要 ) tells us .
- some table manners in Britain B. some different table manners
- different ways of having liquid food D. to have good manners
People in many countries learn English and they learn it in different ways. Some learn it at school. Some learn it by themselves. Others learn English by radio on TV or in films.
( )8. The main idea of the passage is .
- People in many countries learn English in many ways. B. Some learn English at school.
- Some learn English by themselves.
- Others learn English by radio，on TV or in films.
A man was looking for things of old times. One day he came to a village and found a blue bowl ，
which looked very old. The bowl was on the ground and a cat was drinking milk from it. A farmer ，the
owner of the cat，was lying beside the bowl. In order not to draw the farmer's attention to吸(
引 , 的注意力 )
the value(价值 ) of the bowl ，the man said to him in a soft voice，“ What a nice cat you ha！veWon't you
sell it to me ？ ” “ How much would you give me fo？r it” the farmer opened hiesyes and asked. “ Twenty dollars. Would it be enough？”
A few minutes later， the farmer agreed. After he paid the farmer， the man said，“ Mycat will certainly feel thirsty. May I take the bowl so that the cat can have milk？”
But the farmer said ，“ I am sorry Ican't give it to you. Thanks to the bowl ， I have already sold twenty cats. ”
( ) 9. Who is much cleverer？
- the farmer B. the man C. both of them D. neither
When Harley was three years old. He suddenly fell ill one evening. The next day his condition was much worse. His father took him to a black doctor. The doctor examined the boy and said that he must be
sent to the hospital at once. So Harley ’ s father took him to a hospital nearby, but the doctors there
not take them in, for this was a hospital for white people only. It never took in Blacks. Even they are even dying.
( )10. What does the underlined word “ they ” refer to ?
- The doctors. B. The white people. C. Black people. D. The dying people.
Last year in the UK at least 45 people died and 900 more were injured in car where drivers wereusing their mobile phone. Yet many people continue to use themwhile driving even though it ’
( )11. The underlined word “ them ” in Parreafegrsaptoh 1
- phone users B. mobile phones C. drivers D. ears.
John was a six-year- old mute, He had no physical problems. He just refused to talk.
( )12 The underlined word “ mute ” in Paragraph 3 is closed in meaning to “ ”.
- a person who speaks slowly. B. a person who does not speak. C. a person who can not hear. D. a person who enjoys talking
Houses prices in England increased sharply between 1971 and 1972. The following records how much a house in Chelsea, London had risen in price since 1955.
Take No.29 Smith Terrace for example. In 1995 , Jane Gray sold it for 2,000 . Mrs Bowen Black bought it for 4,900 and sold it nine years later to Bill and Green White for 22,950. Now four years later, in
1972, the house is valued at 30,000.
( )13.When did Mrs Black sell the house?
- 1971 B. 1972. C. 1964. D. 1954
Hello, ladies and gentlemen, welcome to Beijing. Below is the schedule of your trip this morning:
7:00 Breakfast in hotel
8:00 Leave for Tian'anmen Square
9:30 Leave for the Temple of Heaven
11: 00 Leave for hotel
After the tour we will be returning for lunch to the hotel. Lunch will be in the Ballroom. This afternoon at 2 p.m. buses leave to the Summer Palace. They then continue onto the Friendship Store for shopping at 3:45. It is then a short walk to dinner at the windows on the World Restaurant. Dress is very
casual （随便的） in the restaurant, no jackets or ties required（要求） by the men.
( )14. Which of the following time order is CORRECT according to the schedule?
- meal in the Ballroom;
- a visit to the Temple of Heaven;
- shopping at the Friendship Store;
- breakfast in hotel;
- leave for Tian'anmen Square f. a trip to the Summer Palace
- b-e-a-d-f-c B. d-a-b-c-f-e C. d-e-b-a-f-c D. e-b-d-c-f-a
( A )
Bob is six years old. He is old enough to go to school. On the first day, his teacher teaches him
three words， “ I,you, he ” . Then the teacher says,
you“r teI acmher. You are my student. He is your
classmate. ” When school is o，veBrob goes home. His mother asks him, “ What does your teacher teach
you today? ” Bob says with a smile,
，M“umLisatnedn Dad, I am your teacher. You are my student. He is
your classmate. His mother says, “ No, dear. You're wrong. ” Then she says, I am your mother.
son. He ’ s your father. ” Th，e nBeoxbt’dasyteacher asks Bob to make sentences w用ith(
you and he ”.
Bob stands up and says， “ I ’ m your mother. You ’ re my son. He is your father. ” All the st
Bob’ s class laugh笑().
( )51. Who teaches Bob new words?
- Bob’s friendBs.. Bob ’ s teacher. C. Bob ’ s father. D. Bob ’ s mother. ( )52. How many words does he teach?
- Two. B. Three. C. Four. D. Five. ( )53. Does Bob understand what his teacher teaches?
- Yes, he does. B. No, he doesn’t.
- I don ’t knowD.. No, but he understands what his mother says
( )54. What do you think of the boy?
- He is kind B. He is helpful. C. He is quick. D. He is foolish (笨). ( )55. Who laughs?
- His mother. B. His teacher. C. His classmates. D. His father.
( B )
My name is Mary. I ’ m eleven. I ’ m from China. My mum and dad work in a factory. They go to wo
from Monday to Friday. I have a sister. Her mane is Amy. We look like each other very much and we like to help each other. She and I are middle school students.
Amy and I are in the same school. I' m a good student in my class. There are forty-two students in
my class, twenty boys and twenty- two girls. We have our lessons from eight o ’ clock in the mornin four o ’ clock in the afterno. oMny English teacher Miss Green, is from England. She is a good teacher. We
have five English classes in a week. Now we can say a hundred words and play games in English, We like
English and we like our English teacher.
( ) 56. Mary ’ s parents work in a .
- restaurant B. hospital C. factory D. school
( ) 57. Who is Amy?
- My cousin. B. Mary’s cousin. C. My sister. D. Mary ’ s sister. ( ) 58. When does Mary ’ s parents go to work?
- In the morning. B. Every day.
- From Monday to Friday. D. In the afternoon.
( ) 59.
is Mary ’ s English teacher.
- Mr Green B. The man C. Mrs Green D. Miss Green
( ) 60. Mary has
English classes in a week.
- three B. four C. five D. six
( C )
Do you know about Big Ben? Now Let me tell you about it.
Big Ben is not the name of a man. It is the name of a huge clock in London. London is the capital of the UK. This clock has four faces, so nomatter (无论 ) where you stand, you can read the time on the face
of BigBen. Each face is the size of a double-decker双(
层的 ) bus. The hands are about four metres long. It
is about the size of two people standing on top of each other. If you go to London, you may want to visit the House of Parliament(国会大厦 ). That is where you will find Big Ben sitting at the top of the clock tower(塔) in the House of Parliament. You will hear it as well as see it. The big clock makes such a loud sound, "Ding Dong, Ding Dong," when it goes every quarter(四分之一 ) of an hour. The clock was named
after a big man. He was Sir Benjamin Hill. He did much building work in London many years ago. ( )61. Big Ben is .
- a double-decker bus B. a huge clock C. the name of Ben D. a building
( )62. The clock strikes(敲响 ) every
of an hour.
- ten minutes B. fifteen minutes C. thirty minutes D. forty-five minutes
( )63. Which of the two words mean the same as "large"?
- double B. loud C. huge D. small
( )64. You can read the time of Big Ben .
- at the top of the tower B. in the House of Parliament
- on the hands of the huge clock D. on the four faces of the clock
( )65. The title (标题 ) of the passage may be .
- Big Ben B. A clock C. Sir Benjamin Hill D. The Capital of the UK
( D )
It is Sunday today. It is a fine day. We don ’ t have any classes. We get up early and don breakfast, only coffee, bread and butter. Now we are in the park. There are a lot of people in it.
First we go boating on the lake. Then we sit under the tree and have our picnic lunch. Some boys swim in the lake and others fly kites. Peter is very good at flying kites, and he is flying a very nice one with Mike over there. Sam and Bill like swimming. They are now swimming in the lake. How well they are swimming !
What are Lily and Lucy doing? Look, they are talking with some Chinese students. They are learning to speak Chinese. Miss Wang is helping them. Simon and Millie are sitting under a tree. They are looking after the clothes for the swimmers.
( ) 66. Where are Sam and Bill?
- They are under a big tree. B. They are talking to their English friends. C. They are playing in the park. D. They are swimming in the lake.
( ) 67. What are Lily and Lucy doing?
- They are having an English lesson. B. They are talking in Chinese.
- They are talking with Miss Green. D. They are singing English songs. ( ) 68. What is under the tree near the lake?
- A dictionary. B. The children
thes.’Cs. Aclochair and a desk. D. Some food and drinks.
( ) 69. Which of the following is NOT right?
- It ’s a fine day. B. Some Chinese students are talking to Lily and Lucy.
- There are no girls in Sam ’sDcl.aCssh.ildren can swim in the lake of the park. ( ) 70. Which of the following is right?
- No girls are in the park. B. No one is swimming in the park
- It is Sunday today. D. Miss Wang is not in the park.
阅读理解 A 短文： 试题分析：
51.细节理解题，根据第一段中 “ On the first day, his teacher teaches him three word，s.故选 B。 ”
52.细节理解题，根据第一段中 “ On the first day, his teacher teaches him three word，s.故选 B。 ”
53.理解分析题，根据短文所知，老师根据所教这三个词，用实际情况举例，但是 Bob 没有理解， 回家把这三个句子原封不动的用在父母身上。故选 B。
54.理解分析题，根据短文，老师说什么， Bob 说什么；妈妈说什么，他还是说什么。没有根据实 际情况改变，简单的句子教条使用，不是一个聪明的孩子。故选 D。
55.细节理解题，根据短文最后一句 “ All the students in Bob ’ s cla理ss解la可u知gh，.
阅读理解 B 短文： 试题分析：
56.细节理解题，根据文中语句 “ My mum and dad work in a factory. 理解可”知”,故选 C.
57.细节理解题，根据文中语句 “ I have a sister. Her mane is Amy理. 解可知，”故选 D.
58.细节理解题，根据文中语句 ““ They go to work from Monday to Frida理y. 解可知，”故选 C。
59.细节理解题， 根据文中 ““ My English teacher Miss Green, is from England. She is a good teach，er..
60.细节理解题，根据文中语句 ““ We have five English classes in a we理ek解.
阅读理解 C 短文： 试题分析：
61.细节理解题，根据文中 “ Big Ben is not the name of a man. It is the name of a huge clock in
London. ”理解可知，故选 B。
62.细节理解题，根据文中语句 “ The big clock makes such a loud sound, "Ding Dong, Ding Dong," when
it goes every quarter(四分之一 ) of an hour.
次。应该是每 15 分钟响一次。故选 B。
63.理解分析题，根据文中对大本钟的描述， 我们可以得知大本钟是一个很大的钟， 而文中用了 a huge
clock，故 huge 应该是 “大的 ”意思。故选 C。
64.细节理解题，根据短文中 “ This clock has four faces, so no matter 无(
read the time on the face of BigBen. 理解可知，”故选 D。
论 ) where you stand, you can
65.理解分析题，本篇短文向我们介绍了大本钟，故用 “大本钟 ”作文标题最好。故选 A 。
阅读理解 D 短文： 试题分析：
66.细节理解题， 根据第二段中 “ Sam and Bill like swimming. They are now swimming in the lake.理解 可知，故选 D。
67.细节理解题，根据第三段中语句 “ What are Lily and Lucy doing? Look, they are talking with some
Chinese students. They are learning to speak Chinese理. 解可知，故选” B。
- 细节理解题，根据第二段中 “Simon and Millie are sitting under a tree. They are looking after the
clothes for the swimmers. 理解可”知，故选 B。
69.细节理解题，文中多次提到了 Lily, Lucy, Millie 等女生，故选 C。
- 细节理解题，根据第一句 “It is Sunday today. It is a fine day理.