Unit 1-Unit 2
- —My name’s Jenny. —I’m Gina. Nice to meet you.
- —What’s your/his/her name? —My/His/Her name is ….
- What’s your/his/her family/first name?
- —What’s your telephone number? —It’s 218-9176.
- What’s his/ her telephone number?
- —What’s this/that in English? —It’s a ruler.
- —Is this/that your pencil? —Yes, it is./No, it isn’t.
- How do you spell pencil?/Spell pencil./Can you spell pencil?
- Is that your computer game in the lost and foundcase?
- CallAlan at495-3539.
be在一般现在时中的基本用法：I用am, you用are，is跟着他她它。He ,she ,it用is，we, you they都用are。单数名词用is，复数名词都用are。
be的几种形式：is, am, are —being —was, were —been
Two months is quite a long time. Twenty dollars is enough.
To see is to believe. It is not easy to master a foreign language.
The writer and the teacher are coming.
The poet and teacher is one of my friends.
In England, people eat fish and chips.
The Chinese people（民族）is a great people.
5． 名词性物主代词mine，yours，his，hers， its，ours，theirs等作主语时，谓语动词的数取决于该代词所表示的意义是单数还是复数。
His parents are young, but mine are old.
No news is good news. Physics is the most difficult subject for him.
7． 由or，either…or…，neither…nor…，not only…but also…等词连接名词或代词作主语时，谓语动词的数和最接近的主语一致。
Neither you nor Li Hua has been to Shanghai before.
There is a table and four chairs in the room.
Here are some books and paper for you.
9． trousers，clothes，glasses，compasses，chopsticks等作主语时，谓语动词用复数。但如果前面有a pair of短语时，谓语动词用单数。
Jim’s trousers are brown. The pair of glasses is Mr. Green’s.
10． 由“a lot of/lots of/plenty of+名词”或“分数+名词”作主语时，谓语动词的单复数根据名词的单复数而定。
A lot of people have been to London.
Three-fifths of the water is dirty.
11． “a number of +复数名词”作主语时，谓语动词用复数；“the number of+复数名词”作主语时，谓语动词用单数。
A great number of birds fly to the south in winter.
The number of lions does not change much if people leave things as they are.
Neither of us is a boy。
Each of them has an English dictionary。
One of the students was late for school。
Not all work is difficult。
Not all the students are here。
14．有些形容词前面加上定冠词the，如the poor，the old，the yong，the rich，the dying等用来表示一类人时，主语为复数意义，谓语动词用复数。
The old are good taken care of。
Many a student has passed the exam。
1．The news for my brother。
- are B. were C. be D. is
2．A boy with two dogs when the earthquake rocked the city。
- were sleeping B. is asleep
- was sleeping D. are asleep
3．Everyone except Tom and John there when the meeting began。
- are B. is C. was D. were
4．Neither he nor I from Canada。We are from Australia 。
- is B. are C. am D. be
5．Jim works hard on his Chinese and 。
- so Lucy does B. so is Lucy
- so does Lucy D. so Lucy is
6．Jenny and her parents going to visit the Palace Museum tomorrow。.
- is B. am C. are D. be
7．Henry，with his friends， volleyball every afternoon。
- play B. plays C. has played D. have played
8．Fish and chips the most take—away food in England。
- are B. is C. were D. was
9．My family early in the morning。
- get B. gets C. has got D. have got
10．Maths my favorite subject。
- be B. is C. am D. are
- How time flies! Three years really a short time.
- is B. are C. was D. were
- liu Xiang and Yao Ming are world-famous sports stars. Of them are the pride of China.
- Both B. Neither C. All D. None
- –Are the twins on the football team?
-No, neither of them on the team.
- is B. are C. were D. be
- Not only his parents but also his grandfather to a lot of places of interest in our country since hey came here.
- has gone B. has been C. have gone D. have been
15.There are enough in the fridge. We don’t need to buy any.
- milk B. tomatoes C. tomatos D. apple
- A report says hundreds and thousands of trees in the Amazon rainforest last year.
- was cut down B. have been cut down
- were cut down D. had been cut down
1、介绍家庭成员 This/That is my sister/brother/mother…
These/Those are my parents/grandparents…
Is this/that your sister/brother…? Yes, it is./No, it isn’t.
Are these/those your parents/grandparents…?
Yes, they are. /No, they aren’t.
There are 3/4/5 …people in my family. They are my father, my mother,…and I.
表方位的介词或短语有：in,on ,under,behind,near,next to,in front of,across from,…
My book is on my desk, my pen is in my book…
Where is the backpack/pencil…? It’s in/on/under….
Where are the books/pens/balls…? They are in/on/under….
3、把…带去给某人 take …to e.g:Please take these things to your sister.
把…带来给某人 bring…to e.g:Can you bring my homework to school?
二、代词 ( 有两种：人称代词和物主代词。)
This is my bag. = This is mine. That is her ruler. = That is hers.
I（宾格）_____ she（形容词性物主代词）_______ we（名词性物主代词）_________ he（复数）_______ us（单数）_______ theirs（主格）______ its（宾格）
1）That is not _________ kite. That kite is very small, but _________ is very big. ( I )
2）The dress is _________. Give it to _________. ( she )
3）Is this _________ watch? ( you ) No, it’s not _________ . ( I )
4）_________ is my brother. ________ name is Jack. Look! Those stamps are _________. ( he )
5）_______ dresses are red. ( we ) What color are ______? ( you )
6）Show _________ your kite, OK? ( they )
7）I have a beautiful cat. ______name is Mimi. These cakes are ______. ( it )
8）Are these ________ tickets? No, ________ are not _________. ________ aren’t here. ( they )
9）Shall _________ have a look at that classroom? That is _________ classroom.( we )
10）_____ is my aunt. Do you know _____ job? ______ a nurse. ( she )
11）Where are _________? I can’t find _________. Let’s call _________ parents. ( they )
12）Don’t touch ______. _______ not a cat, _______ a tiger! ( it )
13）_________ sister is ill. Please go and get _________. ( she )
14）The girl behind _________ is our friend. ( she )
Little Jimmy can dress himself now。
The boy in the picture is myself，not anyone else。
I myself made the mistake about your address。
|单 数||复 数|
|近指||this 这个||these 这些|
|远指||that 那个||those 那些|
- this, these往往指时间或空间较近的人或物；that,those可指时间或空间较远的人和物。
This gift is for you and that one is for your brother.
I like these games but Idon’t like those.
- that,those常常用来代替前面已提到过的名词,以避免重复。those 代指复数形式，that代指单数形式。
The computer works faster than those we bought last year。
The life in the country is more peaceful than that in the city。
I had a bad cold。That’s why I didn’t attend the lecture。
Those are the DVDs you want。
Do you have a basketball?
Yes, I do. / No, I don’t.
Let’s watch TV. No, that sounds boring.
That sounds great.
Do you like hamburgers?
Yes, I do. / No, I don’t.
I like French fries. I don’t like tomatoes.
一.名词的分类:名词分为专有名词和普通名词。专有名词指个人，地方,机构等专有名称. 如：China, Shanghai, Li lei。普通名词又分为个体名词: 某类人或东西中的个体.如fighter, gun, country, 集体名词:若干个体组成的集合体.如 family, team, police, class
物质名词：无法分为个体的实物。如 cotton, tea, air,
抽象名词: 动作, 状态, 品质, 感情等抽象概念. 如: health, happiness.
1.一般情况加s : books, mouths, houses, girls
2.以s，sh，ch, x结尾的es: classes, boxes, matches
3.辅音字母 + y结尾的变y为i,再加es: cities,countries, parties,factories
4.以o结尾的词多数+es heroes Negroes potatoes tomatoes
zeroes / zeros
以 o 结尾并且词尾有两个元音字母 +s radios, zoos, bamboos , (pianos ,kilos photos是特殊)
5.以f, fe 结尾的改f,或fe为v,再+es,例如:leaves, lives, wives knives, halves, wolves
The thief’s wife killed three wolves with some leaves and knives in half of her life.
但是,也有一些+s,如roofs, proofs, gulfs, beliefs,
handkerchiefs / handkerchieves
- man—men, woman—women, tooth—teeth, foot—feet,
2.单复数相同: sheep, fish, deer, means, Chinese, Japanese,
There are many kinds of fishes in that lake.
3.以man, woman 修饰名词构成合成词时,两个词都变化.
man servant—men servants(男仆). (boy/girl students)
woman doctor—women doctors.
There are two l’s in the word “ all ”.
It happened in the 1960’s /1960s.
I will not accept your if’s and but’s.
wheats, fruits, vegetables,有时表示更广的词义，
wood—woods, water—waters, sand—sands
7.定冠词加姓氏的复数表示一家人。 the Turners,
the Smiths, the Wangs.
8.集体名词people, police, cattle 总是作复数，
( people 作民族，种族时有单复数两种形式)
Many cattle are kept.
Several police were on duty.
The Chinese are a brave and hard-working people.
The English are a funny people.
9.集体名词class, public, family, population, team, crew, committee 等单复数都有，但意义不同。
The class is big.---- The class are taking notes in English.
The population in China is larger.---- 80% of the population
in China are peasants.
- hair， fruit 通常作单数，表示总体。
His hair is grey. a rich harvest of fruit
He had a few white hairs.
What fruits are on sale in this season ?
11.以s 结尾的学科名词只作单数。mathematics , physics, politics, 等。（news）
12.glasses， trousers， scissors， shoes， spectacles，等常用复数；但如果这些词前用 a pair of …// this pair of…//that pair of…等修饰时谓语动词有pair 来决定。
Where are my glasses ？
My new pair of trousers is too long.
Here are some new pairs of shoes.
a piece of news / information / advice / bread / cake / paper / meat / coal…
a bottle of ink, a grain of rice , a cake of soap…
- 三. 名词的所有格。
A.一般在词尾’s. the teacher’s office, Xiao Li’s sister’s husband’s mother.
- 以 s 结尾的复数名词只加’workers’ rest homes. the masses’ request
children’s toys Women’s Day
D:复合名词只在最后一个词的后面加’s. my sister-in-law’s brother.
This is Tom, James and Dick’s room.
Jenny’s, Jean’s and Mary’s rooms face to the south.
a quarter of an hour’s talk.
Lei Feng’s dairy. the Working People’s Palace of Culture.
today’s paper. an hour’s drive. Friday’s work.
the country’s plan. the farm’s fruit. China’s population.
our Party’s stand（党的立场）
two dollars’ worth of books. a pound’s weight.
Ⅲ.凡不能用’s 属格的情况可用 of 属格表示所属关系。
the City of New York. a map of China.
the name of the girl standing at the gate.
Have you read the articles of the students who were with us yesterday.
a play of Comrade Li’s. some friends of my brother’s .
that performance of the teachers’ .
当of前面的名词有不定冠词、指示代词、疑问代词、不定代词或数词如 a, an, this, that, these, those, two, three, four, any, some, several, no, few ,another等修饰时，用双重所有格，双重所有格只用于表示人的名词并且都是特指的。
a poem of Lu Xun’s . a friend of his/hers .
Which novel of Dicken’s are you reading ?
some friends of my brothers’ .
the key to the door. keys to the exercises.
notes to the text answers to the question
tickets for the film//movie
a check for $1500. anyone else’s book.
the monument to the people’s heroes.
the entrance to the station//cinema
1---I feel tired. I have so much work to do and don’t have much time for myself,
--you should take ________i think.
A health B time C lesson D erecise
2--Ask the naughty boys not to manke any _______.
I can’t fall asleep.
A noise B sound C voice D singing
3.During Christams people get together and sing Christams songs for ________
A thanks B wishes C interest D fun
4.we have _________at seven in the morning.
A breakfast B lunch C supper D dinner
5 –Please give me a____ when you arrive.
--OK. I’ll tell everything as soon as I get there.
A hand B present C ring D ride
6.We watch evening news on Channel I of ______at 7:00 in the evering .
A.MTV B CAAC C.CCTV D. WTO
7---Can you tell me when ________is ?
---Yes. It’s on the third Sunday in June.
A Mother’s Day B.Father’s Day
- Tree Planthing Day D .Thanksgiving Day
8.Where is Tom ? He’s left a ________ saying that he has something important to do .
A excuse B sentence C message D news
9 If you want to know the meaning of a word ,you can look it up in a _________.
A diary B diagram C newspaper D dictionary
10.The waiter or the waitress usually gives us a ______ before we order dishes in a restaurant.
A menu B bill C list D form
11.Some ________are flying kites near the river
A child B boy C boys D childs
12.---What would you like to drink,girls?
A Two cup of coffee B Two cups of coffee
C Two cups of coffee D Two cup of coffees
13.My school is about twenty _________walk from here
A minute B minutes’ C minute’s D minutes
14.It’s _______bedroom . It’s clean and tidy.
A .Lily ang lucy B .Lily ang Lucy’s
C .Lily’s ang Luck D. Lily ang Luck’s
- They are those _____bags. Please put them on the bus
A visitor B visitors C visitor’s D visitors’
- A lot of stone tables and chairs are _____of the river and the number of them is growing _______
A on both side ,greater B on each sides ,more
C on both sides, larger D on each side , more
- I am thirsty. Would you bring me ______, please?
A some bread B some water C some cakes D some eggs
18.These Germans want to have some ______for supper, so they decide to catch________now.
- fish ,many B. fishes ,much C fish , much D fishes ,many
- The guide has some new ______.She can show them to us
A rice B food C jacket D pictures
20 I’m afraid that there is no ______for you in my car ,because there are already five people
A land B fround C room D floor
1 How much is the red sweater?It’s eight dollars.
2 How much are these white pants?They’re ten dollars.
3 Can I help you ?What color do you want ?Here you are .I’ll take it/them.
4 When is your birthday?My birthday is January fifteen.
5 How old are you?I’m thirteen.
6 When is the school trip?It’s April 19th.
5．百位以上的数字的表达以及读在表达百位以上的数字时，必须在百位，十位和个位之间加and，在读音时也应读上and，如：104可表达为one hundred and four，486读作four hundred and eighty-six。
6．“万”的表达.英语中没有万和亿单词，只有百（hundred），千（thousand），百万（million），十亿（billion）。英语中表示“万”时，用10千。如：forty thousand四万。表示“亿”时需用百万来表示。如：two hundred million两亿。
7.1，000以上的数字，从后向前数。每三位数加“，”。第一个“，”前为thousand,第二个“，”前为million,第三个“，”前为billion.3,333,333,333读为three billion,three hundred and thirty-three million, three hundred and thirty-three thousand,three hundred and thirty
8.hundred,thousand,million 前有若有具体数字时，要用单数形式，但如果他们后面有of ,则要用复数形式。同时，前面不能再加具体的数目。
3 第几十把y改为 i加eth.. twentieth,ninetieth
4 序数词之前要加定冠词或代词。但序数词表名词时，可不用冠词。Who won first?
He failed once .Then he tried a second time.
6 100以上的序数词的表示方法 第100为100th (读作 one hundredth),101st 读作one hundred and first,其他的依次类推
2|3 two thirds 3|5 three fifths
2 整数与分数之间用and 连接。 One /an hour and a half
One third of the shop assisstant in this departmentstore men
公元1900年：读作 nineteen hundred.
公元1908年：nineteeen and eight或nineteen hundred and eight 或one nine oh eight
2004年11月25 日：November 25（th）,2004（thNovemb读作November （the） twenty-fifth,two thousand and four.
在表示时间时，英语中常用日—月—年或月---日---年的顺序。如2004年6月1日在英语中可写为：June1,2004或1 June ,2004 或1/6/2004 或1.6,2004。在美国也可写为 6/1/2004或6．１,2004
8：21读作twenty-one past eight 或eight twenty –one
8:56 读作four to nine 或eight fifty-six
8:30 读作eight-thirty 或 half past eight
在表达时刻时，如果在30分钟内，可用past 和after,如9：25 作 twenty –five past nine 或twenty-five after nine.如果超过30分钟，则用to ,如9：55读作 five to ten
1,-What’s the date today?-It’s _________.
A Saturday. B June C June 1st
2,Can you see any potatoes in______picture?
A the second B second C, two
3,I hear we will have a_________holiday in___________.
A, two day’s, two day’s time B, two-day, two days’ time
C, two days, two-day time
4,The_____man on the left is Beckham, a famous football player.
A, two B, second C, three
5,He believed his lucky number was ten, so he decided to live on the _____ floor.
A lowest B, ten C, tenth
6,-Which class won the match in the end?
-I’m not quite sure. Maybe_________ did.
A, Class Third B, Class three C, third Class D, Class Three
7-How often are the Olympic Games held?-_______ four years.
A, Every B, Each C, In D, For
8-Could you please tell me what time it is now? -Certainly, it’s_________.
A, ten and twenty B, twenty past ten C ten twenty D,both B and C
9 Although I failed four times, my father encouraged me to have a_______try.
A second B, third C, fourth D fifth
10 LiuXiang, 21 , is an Olympic winner in the ________hurdles(跨栏).We’re proud of him.
A,110-metre B,110-metres C,110 metre
11Harbin is a beautiful city.__________ people come here to visit the Sun Island every year.
A,Thousands B,Thousand of C,Thousands of
12,Nanjing is a city with many places of interest.______ tourists come here every year.
A,Thousand of B, Thousand C, Thousands D, Thousands of
13,-How many people are there in Changsha? -About six ______.
A, million B, millions C, millions of
14,-How many students are there in your newly built school? -Two thousand in _________classrooms.
A, four B, fourth C, forty D, the fortieth
15,Our summer holiday is coming. Two _______ the students in our school will go to the beach.
A, hundred B, hundred C, hundred of D, hundreds of
16,The old tower looks nice. It’s about________.
A, twelve-meter-high B, twelve-meters high
C, twelve-meter high D, twelve meters high
17,In the past few years, many tall buildings have been built in our city. The tallest is an ________that stands in the centre.
A,80-floor building B,60-floor buildings
C,80-floor buildings D,70-floors building
18,-Do you know when the PLA was founded?- __________.
A, On October 1,1949 B, On August 1 ,1927
C, On July 1,1921 D, In May, 1922
19,-What’s the population of the world? -It’s more than __________.
A, five billion B, six billion C, seven billion D, eight billion
What can I for you ?Can (may) I help you? Is there anything I can do for you? May I do something for you?
2 Which shirt…..do you like? What size (color, kind….)do you want ?What about these (those)?What else do would you like?
3 Can you show me…?I would like (want)some …Have you got any ….?I’m looking for …?May I have a look at it /them? It’s too big /small .How much is it?(are they)Can it/(they) be cheaper?That’s much too dear.How much do you want ?I’ll take it/them
Unit 9—Unit 10
- go to a movie去看电影 2. learn about 了解
- on weekends 在周末 4. speak English 说英语
- play the guitar 弹吉他 6. play chess 下象棋
- be good with 与……相处很好
- help sb. with sth./doing sth. 帮助某人做某事
- play the drums 打鼓 10. play the piano 弹钢琴
- want sb. to do sth. 想要某人做某事
- do Chinese Kungfu 表演中国功夫
1．-Let’s go to the movies. –Sure. That sounds interesting.
- –What kind of movies do you like? –I like action movies.
- –Do you want to go to a movie?
–Yes, I do. I want to see an action movie.
- -Does he/she want to go to a movie?
-Yes, he/she does. No, he/she doesn’t.
- I like thrillers and I also like action movies.
I like comedies but I don’t like documentaries.
- What kind of shows are scary?
- Who is your favorite actor?
- Let’s join the basketball club.
- What about you?
- -Which club do you want to join? -I want to join the art club.
- -Can you play the guitar? -Oh, yes. And I can play it well.
- Can you help the kids with swimming?
13.- What can you do? -I can dance.
- want的用法: 及物动词,后面可接名词,代词, 动词不定式,还可以用want sb. to do sth..
I want to go to a movie. I want him to come to my birthday party.
- say, talk, speak tell的区别:
Say是及物动词, 强调说话内容, 后要跟宾语,但宾语只能是 “话”而不能是人.
What did he say about it?
He says, “Let me help you.”
Talk强调谈话的动作,不强调谈话的内容,可以和speak替换。后接to 或with sb 表示“与某人谈话”。 接about 或of 表示谈话的内容。
What are you talking about？ He’s talking to us about you.
Tell 后面接双宾语或复合宾语, 表示“告诉，讲述”。
Miss Gao often tells us English stories in class.
Speak强调说话的能力,方式和对象,不强调说话的内容。作及物动词用时后只接语言；作不及物动词用时后常接to sb或with sb表示“与……说话”，接about 或of，表示“谈到……”，speak也常作为打电话用语。
She speaks English very well. He is speaking at the meeting.
I’d like to speak to you about my son.
I am reading an interesting story.
There is a tree in front of my house.
A horse is useful to mankind. A bird can fly.
My father is a doctor.
My wish is to become a teacher when I grow up.
We often go to school twice a day.
Take this medicine three times a day and very soon you’ll feel better.
A boy came to see you a moment ago. I got this tool in a shop.
We need a car now. She is ill, she has to see a doctor.
a few 几个 a little 有点 a lot of 很多
have a good time 玩得高兴 have a rest 休息一下
She has a few friends in this city. There is a little milk in the bottle.
a moment ago 一会儿前 twice a week 每周两次
for a time 一段时间 in a while 一会儿后
in a moment 一会儿后 just a moment/minute 一会儿
after a time/while 一段时间之后
The bag in the desk is mine. Is this the book you are looking for?
I bought a book from Xinhua book-shop.The book costs 15 yuan.
Would you mind turning up the radio a little? I can’t hear it clearly.
the sun太阳 the moon 月亮 the earth 地球 the sky 天空
the world 世界 the winter night 冬夜
I like to have a walk with the bright moon light in the evening.
The dog is not dangerous.
A cat has sharp eyes at night. Cats are loved by many people.
The cat can catch the mouse. The cats here don’t like fish.
前三句中的a cat, cats, the cat 都可表示泛指意义的“猫”，但之间略有区别。a cat 突出强调这类事物中的任何一个；cats突出强调猫这一群体；the cat是与其他事物相对照而言的。第四句中的the cats 是特指。
the poor 穷人 the rich 富人 the wounded 受伤者
the sick 病人 the deaf 聋子
The new is to take the place of the old.
This is the biggest city in China I have ever visited.
He is the first to come and the last to leave.
We have friends all over the world.
My parents live in the peaceful countryside.
The little girl likes to play the violin.
They are going to the cinema tonight.
I am reading the China Daily now.
Have you got the Evening Paper yet?
We live near the Yellow River.
The Changjiang River is the biggest one in China.
The Greens are very kind to us. The Whites like the classic music.
by the way 顺便 join the army 参军listen to the radio 听收音机 tell the truth 说实话 go to the cinema 去看电影
all the same 完全一样 just the same 完全一样
with the help of 在…的帮助下
on/over/through the radio 从收音机上
I think water is a kind of food , too. Money is not everything.
It’s time for breakfast. What do you have for lunch?
The dinner I had at that restaurant was expensive.
We had a rich lunch yesterday.
Summer is hot and winter is cold here. New Year’s Day is coming.
Today is the first day of May.
Do you like to play football or baseball?
Can you speak English? It’s difficult to learn Physics well.
Mr. Smith, head of the group, will plan for the whole trip.
I usually help my Dad on the farm on Sundays.
6.名词前如果出现this, that, this, my, Jane’s, some, any等限定词时，其前不能再加冠词。
This is my address. His camera is like mine.
by air 乘飞机 on foot 步行 at night 晚上
after school 放学后 at home 在家 go to class 上课
in fact 事实上 from morning till night 从早到晚
- Tom Hanks is American actor.
- a B. an C. the D. 不填
- –Do you enjoy your stay in Hangzhou?
--Yes. I’ve had wonderful time.
- / B. a C. the D. an
- --Ellen, you look so happy.
--Well, I’ve got A in my history test.
- a B. an C. the D. /
- Millie has e-dog and its name is Hobo.
- a B. an C. the D. 不填
- ---What’s this in English? ---It’s ruler.
- a B. the C. 不填
- We’re going to have exam tomorrow.
- a B. an C. the D. /
- There is apple tree in my garden. It’s over ten years old.
- the B. a C. an D. 不填
- ---What can I do for you?
---I want orange blouse for my daughter.
- an B. the C., a D. /
- exciting news! We will have long holiday after the exam.
- What a, an B. What, a C. How an, the D. How, the
- ---Do you know lady in blue？
- the B. a C. an D. 不填
- ---Excuse me, sir, which cup is yours? --- small one.
- / B. A C. An D. The
- history of this special Pacific island brought unusual feeling to me.
- The, a B. A, an C. The, an D. A, a
- This is song I’ve told you about. Isn’t it beautiful one?
- the, a B. the, the C. a, a D. a , the
- Look at skirt, I bought it for Mum on Mother’s Day. Isn’t it nice?
- a B. an C. the D. 不填
- ---Mum, where is my MP3?
---It’s in black box near the computer.
- a B. an C. the D. /
- ---Who is man with glasses?
---Oh, he’s our new English teacher, Mr. Li.
- a B. an C. the D. /
- My brother studies in university. university is very far from here.
- an, The B. a, The C. the, A D. a, A
- Could you tell me answer to this problem? I can’t work out it myself.
- a B. an C. the D. 不填
- People like to see films on TV instead of going to cinema.
- the, the B. 不填, the C. the, 不填
- In the United States, Father’s Day falls on third Sunday in
- the, 不填 B. the , a C. 不填，the D. a, 不填
- ---What can I do for you, madam?
---I want orange skirt for my daughter.
- a B. the C. an D.不填
- ---Did you do well in English exam?
---Yes, I got “A”.
- the, an B. an, the C. a, / D. the, a
- ---What are you going to be when you grow up?
---I hope to be animal doctor when I grow up.
- a B. an C. the D. 不填
- ---What’s the matter with you?
---I caught bad cold and had to stay in bed.
- a, / B. a, the C. a, a D. the, the
- ---Did you see the football match last night?
---Yes, I’ve never seen exciting match before.
- such a B. so a C. such an D. so an
- ---How do you get home from ? By bus?
---No, I walk. isn’t very far.
- school, The school B. the school, The school
- the school, School D. school, School
- My uncle isn’t old man, and he likes playing football.
- a, a B. an, an C. the, the D. an, /
- ---How far is it from our school to seaside?
---It is eight-kilometre walk from here.
- the, an B. /, an C. the, a D. /, a
- ---Have you seen pen? I left it here this morning.
---Is it black one? I think I saw it somewhere.
- a, the B. the, the C. the, a D. a, a
- There’s dictionary on desk near the window.
- a, the B. the, the C. the, a D. the, the
1、What time do you get up? —I get up at six o'clock.
2、What time does he/she go to school? —He/She goes to school at …
3、What’s your favorite subject? —My favorite subject is English.
4、What’s his/her favorite subject? —His/Her favorite subject is …
5、Why do you/does he/she like …?
Because it’s interesting/fun/relaxing…
1、直接表达法 e.g：5:30 读作：five thirty
2、分钟≦30 e.g：5:30 读作：half past five
5:25 读作：twenty-five past five
5:15 读作：a quarter past five
3、60＞分钟＞30 e.g: 5:40 读作：twenty to six
e.g: 5:45 读作：a quarter to six
一种虚词。不能单独作句子成分，它只有跟它后面的宾语一起构成介词短语，才能在句子中起作用。有：in, on, under, with, behind, about, near, before, after, for, to, up, down, from, in front of, out of, from…to…, at the back of…
2、介词与其前面的动词或形容词构成动词词组，后面要有宾语。这时的词组相当于一个及物动词。e.g: play with, be afraid of…。
3、表示时间的介词有：at, on, in。（1）at表示“在某一个具体的时间点上”，或用在固定词组中。如：at ten o’clock, at 9:30 a.m., at night, at the weekend…（2）on表示“在某日或某日的时间段”。如：on Friday, on the first of October, on Monday morning…（3）in表示“在某一段时间（月份、季节）里”。如：in the afternoon, in September, in summer, in 2005…
4、in一词还有其他的固定搭配，如：in blue（穿着蓝色的衣服），in English（用英语表达），take part in（参加）。
Taiwan is in the southeast of China. 台湾位于中国东南部。
England lies to the west of France. 英格兰在法国的东面。
Hubei is on the north of Hunan. 湖北在湖南的北面。
指地点时，in表示“国家”、“城市”等大地方，如：in shanghai, in China等。at表示某一点或用于小地点前。
on the tree表示树上长的东西“在树上”。
in the tree表示鸟或其他东西“在树上”。
on the wall表示东西张贴或挂“在墙上”。
in the wall表示门、窗等嵌“在墙上”。
① across, through的用法区别
The river runs through the city. 这条河从这个城市中间流过。
Go across the bridge, and you’ll find the park.
② over, above, on的用法区别
above 和over都表示“在……上方”， above指在上方的任意一点，表示在某物上的高低位置，不接触，其反义词是below；over一般指垂直方向， 其反义词是under；on表示“在……上面”，且互相接触。如：
There is a pen on the desk .桌子上有一支钢笔。
There is a bridge over the river.河上有座桥。
The moon is now above the trees in the east. 月亮这是已在东边树林的上空。
③ in, after用法区别
I’ll come back in a day or two.我一两天后就回来。
He left on Monday and returned after three days.他星期一离开的，三天后回来的。
I’ll ring you up after two o’clock.我将在两点钟后给你打电话。
④ in，by, with的用法区别
They’re talking in English.他们在用英语交谈。
Do you usually go to school by bike?你通常骑自行车上学吗？
The old man had to make money by selling vegetables.那老人不得不靠卖菜挣钱。
People here build houses with stones.这里的人们用石头砌房子。
⑤ but, except, besides的用法区别
No body knew it but me.除了我之外，没有人知道此事。
Last night I did nothing but repair my farm tools.昨晚我除了修理农具外，没有做其他的事。
except表示“除……之外（不再有）”，指从整体中排除except所带的人或物，它前面常有all, every, any, no等及其复合词。如：
The students go to school every day except Saturday and Sunday.
We all went to visit the zoo except Li Lei.
She knows nothing except English. 它除了英语以外，什么也不懂。
Nobody came to see me except Jim. 除了吉姆，没有人来看我。
Besides表示“除了……之外(还有）”，它的意思是在原来的基础上加上besides所包括的人或物，其前常有other, another, any other, a few等词。如：
Do you know any other language besides German? 除了德语外，你还懂别的语言吗？
Li Lei also went to the park besides you. 除了你之外，李雷也去了公园。
1) What’s this _____( at, on, in ) English?
2) Christmas is _____ ( at, on, in ) the 25th of December.
3) The man ______ ( with, on, in ) black is Su Hai’s father.
4) He doesn’t do well _____ ( at, on, in ) PE.
5) Look at those birds ______ ( on, in ) the tree.
6) We are going to meet _______ ( at, on, in ) the bus stop ______( at, on, in ) half past ten.
7) Is there a cat ______ ( under, behind, in ) the door?
8) Helen’s writing paper is ______ ( in, in front of ) her computer.
9) We live _______ ( at, on, in ) a new house now.
10) Does it often rain ________ ( at, on, in ) spring there?
1） My father goes to work ______ his car.
- by B. in C. on
2） I often go shopping with my mother _____ Sunday mornings.
- in B. at C. for D. on
3） The foreigners arrived________Shanghai late________night
- at, at B. in, at C. in, in D. at, in
4） A group______ boys and girls are dancing in the park.
- with B. of C. for D. to
5） Tom always comes late_______school.
- at B. inside C. to D. for
6） The shop____ clothes is _____the right side _____ the street.
- of, at, beside B. for, on, at C. for, on, of D. of, in, of
7）My father returned at 10 o’clock _______of June 15.
A .in the night B .by the night C .on the night D .at night
8） China built a Great Wall ____the northern part ______the country.
- to, in B. across, of C. across, on D. at, of
9） The woman _______a red dress is my aunt.
A .in B .at C .of D .on
10） I remember Susan left ______a very cold morning of January.
A .in B .on C .at D .from
11） No one can stop her ______leaving for Shanghai.
A .of B .from C .to D .for
12） ______ the money, she bought a new coat ______ her father.
- With, for B. With, to C. For, with D. To, with
13）Taiwan is the southeast of China.
- at B. on C. to D. in
14) All the clerks went home Mr. Wang, for he had to finish his work.
- except B. besides C. without D. on
15) I hear the 2006 World Cup is held in Germany June 9th July 9th.
- on; and B. from; to C. between; on D. during; to
1)Jim is good in English and Maths. __________
2) The films were in the ground just now. __________
3) They are talking to their plans. __________
4) How many students have their birthdays on May? _________
5） Women’s Day is at the eighth of March. __________
6) I can jog to school on the morning. __________
7) Did you water trees at the farm? _________
8) Can you come and help me on my English? _________
9) I usually take photos in Sunday morning. __________
10) What did you do on the Spring Festival? __________
1.Where is your pen-pal from? He’s from Australia.
2.Where does she live? She lives in Sydney.
3.What language does she speak? She speaks English.
4.Is there a bank near here?
Yes, thre is. It’s on the Center Street.
5.Where’s the supermarket? It’s next to the library.
6.Is there a pay phone in the neighborhood?
Yes, it’s on Bridge Street on the right.
比如: always, often, usually, every day / week / month / year, sometimes, on Sunday等
I leave home for school at 7:00 every morning.
(2)表示现在的状态。 I am a student.
(3)表示主语所具备的性格和能力。I like red. I can spenk English.
The earth moves around the sun.
Shanghai lies in the east of China.
Pride goes before a fall. 骄者必败。
例:Columbus proved that the earth is round..哥伦布证实地球是圆的.
a．肯定句中，只出现be， 如：I am a student．我是一名学生。
b．否定句中，要在be后面加not，如：She isn't a teacher．
—Are you ready？—你准备好了吗？
—Yes，I am． （—No，I'm not．）
a.肯定句中，只出现实义动词，如：I get up at 6:00 in the morning．
b.否定句中，要在实义动词前面加do / does＋not＋行为动词原形，(doesn't,仅对主语是第三人称单数)
如：I don't like vegetables．我不喜欢蔬菜。
My father doesn’t like Beijing Opera. 我父亲不喜欢京剧。
简略答语用Yes,主语+do / does．或No,主语+do / does＋not．
如：—Do you like oranges？
—Yes，I do． （—No，I don't．）
1.一般情况加s，例如：looks, listens, visits
- 以ch, sh, s, x或o结尾的词，加-es，例如：teaches, washes, guesses, goes, does
1.Every year many foreigners ______ to China to learn Chinese.
A.have come B.comes C.came D.come
2.----Is your father a doctor?
-----Yes,he is. He ______ in Taiwan Hospital.
A.has worked B.had worked C.works D.worked
3.-----I won’t go to bed until the TV play ______ over.
------You’d better not do that. A.was B.is C.wil D.will be
- He often ________(have) dinner at home.
- Daniel and Tommy _______(be) in Class One.
- We ____________ (not watch) TV on Monday.
- Nick ___________(not go) to the zoo on Sunday.
- ______ they ________(like) the World Cup?
- What _______they often _______(do) on Saturdays?
- _______ your parents _______(read) newspapers every day?
- The girl _______(teach) us English on Sundays.
- 9. There ________(be) some water in the bottle.
- 10. Mike _______(like) cooking.
- 11. They _______(have) the same hobby.
- 12. My aunt _______(look) after her baby carefully.
- 13. You always _______(do) your homework well.
- 14. I _______(be) ill. I’m staying in bed.
- 15. She _______(go) to school from Monday to Friday.
- 16. Liu Tao _______(not like) PE.
- 17. The child often __________(watch) TV in the evening.
- Daniel watches TV every evening.(改为否定句)
- I do my homework every day.(改为一般疑问句,并作否定回答)
3.She likes milk. (改为一般疑问句,并作肯定回答)
- Amy likes playing computer games.(改为一般疑问句,作否定回答)
5.We go to school every morning. (改为否定句)
6.He speaks English very well. (改为否定句)
- I like taking photosin the park. . (对划线部分提问)
8.Johncomes from Canada. (对划线部分提问)
- She is always a good student. (改为一般疑问句,作否定回答)
- Simon and Daniel like going skating. (改为否定句)
- Is your brother speak English? __________________
- Does he likes going fishing? __________________
- He likes play games after class. __________________
- Mr. Wu teachs us English. __________________
- She don’t do her homework on Sundays. _______________
Let’s see the lions.
Why do you like pandas? Why does he like koalas?
Because they’re very cute.
What do you do? I’m a reporter.
What does he do? He is a student.
What do you want to be? What does he want to be?
He wants to be a bank clerk.
短语：kind of, be from, play with, be quiet, during the day,
at night,eat leaves, in the day
|情 况||构成方法||例 词|
意思是“和……一样”。 This story is interesting as that one.
2.表示二者在性质和程度上不同时，用“not as / so+原级+as”
He is not /as tall as his elder brother. (他没有他哥哥高。)
3.表示A比B更…，用“than” I am older than he/him.我比他大。
比较级前还可用much, even, still, a little, far, any, …来修饰
Traveling by train is much(的多)cheaper and far(远远的)more enjoyable than a rushed trip by air.
She is even(更加)more beautiful than before.
An elephant is the heaviest animal in the zoo.
Tom is the tallest of all. 汤姆是所有人中最高的。
He ran fastest of all. 他是所有人中跑的最快的。
of“在……之中”表示属性(同类人或物)。in“在……范围之中”，与表示范围或场所的名词连用。最高级前的修饰语也可以是first, second, third……
The Changjiang river is the longest river in China.
5．.“比较级+and+比较级”表示“越来越…”的意思，若形容词或副词是多音节词，应用“more and more+原级”，此结构后不接than引导的从句。如：
When spring comes，it get warmer and warmer。
Our school is becoming more and more beautiful.
The busier she is, the happier she feels. 越忙她感觉就越幸福。
The more you read, the more you’ll learn. 你读的越多，了解就越多。The more quickly you get ready, the sooner we’ll be able to leave.
This book is twice thicker than that one. 这本书比那本书厚两倍。
English isn’t as important as Chinese.
→English is less important than Chinese. 英文没有中文重要。
Lilei isn’t tall as Wei Hua. 李雷没有魏华高。
→Lilei is shorter than Wei Hua. → Wei Hua is taller than Lilei.
在进行比较时，比较的对象必须是同类事物,不是同类事物不能比较。如: 误：His bike is newer than his father.
正：His bike is newer than his father’s.
In winter the weather in Beijing is colder than that in Guangzhou.
The pictures in the books are more beautiful than those on the wall.
(1)当句子的谓语动词是不及物动词时(或虽是及物动词但在不引起歧义的情况下),than后面的代词用主格.宾格都可以，两者的意思并无明显区别。如:He studies harder than I/me. 他学习比我用功。
We get to school earlier than he/him every day. 我们每天到校比他早
I like you more than him.(=I like you more than I like him)
I like you more than he.(=I like you more than he likes you)
误：Chinese is more popular than any subject.
正：Chinese is more popular than any other subject.
He studies hardest in his class.
He studies harder than any other student in his class.
He studies harder than any of the other students in his class.
He studies harder than all the other students in his class.
He studies harder than any of others in his class.
He studies harder than any one else in his class.
He studies harder than the others in his class.
He studies harder than the other students in his class.
如：China is larger than any country in Africa。
I think math is not as/so interesting as English。
= I think math is less interesting than English。
=I think English is more interesting than math。
误：He gets up not so/as early as Jim。
正：He doesn’t get up as/so early as Jim。
3.much,a little, even, still等表示程度的副词可用来修饰比较级，而very, too, so, quite(表示身体健康的quiter除外)习惯上不用来修饰比较级。如：
误：I think science is very more difficult than Chinese.
正：I think science is much more difficult than Chinese.
A light white shelf.一个轻便的白色鞋架。
A short young Japanese businessman.一个身材矮小的年轻日本人.
very 用于写实形容词或副词的原级；much用于修饰形容词或副词的比较级，修饰动词要用 much 或very much.
如：It's very nice,这个非常好.
She said she was much better than before 她说她比以前好多了。
You did it very well. 你做的很好。
I like English very much. 我非常喜欢英语。
I can’t be here so early.我不可能这么早来。
I’ve never seen such fine drawings.我从来没有见过如此漂亮的图。
试比较：She is so good a girl.
She is such a good girl.
如：I’m afraid that he’ll forget it if he misses so many lessons.
Miss Zhao got so little money a month.
too 和 also用于肯定句中，too常用于口语中，置于句末;also常用于书面语中，置于be动词之后，行为动词之前；either用于否定句中。如：
I’m fine, too.我也好。
We also have eleven players in a team.我们每个队也有11个队员。
We don’t like the same colours,either.
—When did you have a meeting ?
—Three day ago.三周前。
Mr.Smith said that John had told him all about his past three weeks before.史密斯先生说，约翰三周前就把他的过去全部告诉了他。
I have never lost a book before. 我以前从没有丢过书。
5．sometime,sometimes,some times 和 some time。
New students will come to our school sometime next week. 新同学将于下周到校。
It took me some time to finish reading the book.
Sometimes,I know what she’s thinking
Our school is some times larger than theirs.
alreaday 表示某事已经发生，still 表示谋事仍在进行，主要用于肯定句，yet用于疑问句表示“已经”，用于否定句表示“还没有”、“尚未”等。 如：
I’ve already finished it. 我已经完成了这项工作。
I have sung already. 我已经唱过了。
They were still neck and neck. 他们仍齐头并进，不分上下。
Have you found your ruler yet?
He hasn’t finished his work yet.他还没有完成工作。Already 有时用于疑问句，表示出乎意料，惊讶等。如：Have you finished already?
1 The air in Beijing is getting much -___now than a few years ago.
A clean B cleaner C cleanest D the cleanest
2 –We spent all our money because we stayed at the most expensive hotel in town. --Why didn’t you stay at ___ one?
A a cheap B a cheaper C the cheaper D the cheaper
3 –Remember ,boys and girls .___you work ,___result you will get.
--- We know ,MissGao
A The better ,the harder B The harder ,the better
C The hard ,the better D The harder,the good
4 Kate is really ___ .She ‘s never angry with others
A tall B friendly C lucky D clever
5 –Which is __ river in China ?---The Changjiang river
A longer B the longest C longest D the longer
6 –Do you like western food ?
---No,The food of our country is ___ that of western countryies.
A rather good than B much better than
C more better than D not so good
7 This is ___ that all of us believe it’svery important.
A such useful information B so useful information
C so useful informations D such a useful information
8 The world is becoming smaller and smaller because the Internet bring us ___.
A the close B closer C the closer D close
9 Shanghai is larger than ___ city in India.
A any other B other C all other D any
10 –Do you like the Moonlight Sonata?---Sure ,it sounds really ___.
A clear B clearly C beautiful D beautifully
11 What do you think of the flowers? ---They look ___
A beautiful B beautifully Cmore beautifull
12 Have you ever seen Tom and Jerry?
—Sure.It is one of ____ cartoons I have ever seen.
A wonderful B the most wonderful C more wonderful
13 Kate felt ___ when she saw the lovely dress in the clothes shop.
A pleased B tired C well
14 I think the song My Heart Will Go On is _ _ one of all the movie songs.
A much more beautiful B the beautiful C the most beautifull
15 Eating more fruit will keep people__
A carefully B afraid C busy D healthy
16 “Do you want to improve your score in maths?Try staying away from your computer.”A recent report in Britain says ,”The ___ students use computers at school and at home ,the ___ they do in exams of reading and maths,”
A more ,better B less,worse C more,more D less,better
17 –Do you like English ?—Yes ,but I think it’s ___ subject of all.
A the easiest B the most difficult
C the most intesting D the most boring
18 I hear that Mike is __ student in his class .
A more careful B the most careful C careful
19 –What do you think of the bridge ?---I have never seen ___ before.
A so a long one B so long one C such a long one D a such long one
20 Do you think maths is __foreign languages?
A more difficult B less difficult C as difficult as D the most difficult
21 It’s raining ___ We have to stay at home instead of going fishing?
A badly B hardly C heavily D strongly
22 The Chinese parents always teach their children to be __ to others.
A carfully Bfriendly C lonely
23 Write __ and try not to make any mistake .
A as carefully as possible B as carfully as you can
C more carful D more carfully
24 Gao Yuecdid quite _ _ at the World Table Tennis Championship,but Zhang Yining did even ___
A better ,well B well ,well C well .better D better,well
25 Jane’s leg was _ _ painfull that he couldn’t move at all
A too B so C very
26 –do you have sports meeting?—Twice a year
A How soon B How ofren C How long
27 Don’t worry .He is ___to take care of little Betty.
A carefully enough B enough careful C careful enough
28 –We can use MSn to talk with each other on the Internet.
—Really?Will please show me ___it
A what to use B how to use C how can I use D what I use
29 Don’t worry,sir .I’m sure I can run __to catch up with them.
A fast enough B enough fast C slowly enough D enough slowly
30 –--____do you pay a visit to your grandparents?--At least four times a month though I am busy preparing for my exam.
A How many B How long C How much D How often
- wait for 等候，等待 2. talk to sb. 与某人谈话
- talk about 谈论 4. take photos 拍照
- have a good time 玩得开心, 过得快乐
- look at 看,朝…..看 7. look for 寻找, 寻求
- in order to 为了 9. be/come from 来自于
- What are you doing? I’m watching.
- What’s he doing? He’s reading.
- When do you wantto go? Let’s go at six o’clock.
- How’s the weather in Shanghai.? /
What’s the weather like in Shanghai?
- How’s it going? Great/Not bad/Terrible/Pretty good.
1.表示现在正在进行或发生的动作,常与now(现在), right now(现在), at the moment(现在)等时间状语连用。
We are listening to our teacher now.
2.表示现阶段(说话前后一段时间内)一直在进行的活动, 常与at present(目前), these days(这些天)等时间状语连用。
He is thinking about this problem these days.
When are you returning home？你什么时候回家？
How long are you staying in Toronto?你将在多伦多呆多长时间?
肯定句: 主语 + be +现在分词 +…
否定句: 主语+be + not+现在分词+…
一般疑问句: be +主语+现在分词+…?
一般疑问句的回答: Yes, 主语+be的相应形式
No, 主语+am not/ isn’t/ aren’t.
特殊疑问句: 特殊疑问词(作主语)+be +现在分词+…?
I am playing football now. I am not playing football now.
-Are you playing football now? Yes, I am./ No, I’m not.
What are you doing now?
- 一般在动词的词尾加-ing。 如：pour→pouring
- 以不发音e结尾的去掉e，再加-ing。 如：write→writing
- 以一个辅音字母结尾的重读闭音节，先双写最后一个辅音字母，再加-ing。 如：begin→beginning
:注意：lie→ lying die→ dying tie→ tying
This rule remains to be discussed. 这条规定仍需讨论。
She has a strong accent of an American. 她带有浓重的美国口音。
Look out！There comes a fierce dog. 小心,来了条凶狗。
Listen！There goes the first bell. 听，预备铃响了。
Light travels much faster than sound. 光比声音传播得快多了。
I sometimes work until dawn. 我有时工作到黎明。
I’m looking at the picture by Picasso. It looks really nice.
The police dog is smelling the trace of the thief.
If you fail again, I suggest you not lose heart.
- –Excuse me, whereis lily?
-Oh, she the volleyball match on the playground.
- watches B. will watch C. is watching D. watched
- The summer vacation will begin next week. David to stay with us.
- will be coming B. comes C. came D. is coming
- –They about Super Voice Girl. Let’s join them. –Good idea.
- talk B. are talking C. have a talk D. talked
- Better go and ask him when he . We must see him off when he .
- is leaving; leaves B. leaves; is leaving
- leave; left D. left; was leaving
- Jack is a black jacket today.
- have on B. wearing C. being in D. dressing himself
- There a parent-teacher meeting this afternoon.
- is going to have B. is going to be
- are going to be D. is going to hold
- –Listen, what’s the noise?
-My brother the program of the World Cup in the sitting-room.
- watches B. is watching C. has watched D. will watch
- –What are you doing, Mom?
-I . Uncle Wang to have dinner with us tonight.
- am cooking; is going out B. cook; goes out
- am cooking; is coming
- Who _____ over there now?
- singing B. are sing C. is singing D. sing
- It’s eight o’clock. The students _____ an English class.
- have B. having C. is having D. are having
- Listen! The baby _____ in the next room.
- crying B. cried C. is crying D. cries
- Look! The twins _____ new sweaters.
- are wearing B. wearing C. are wear D. is wearing
- Don’t talk here. Grandparents _____.
- is sleeping B. are sleeping C. sleeping D. sleep
- Tom is a worker. He ___ in a factory. His sisters ____ in a hospital.
- work/ work B. works/ work C. work/ works
- Who _____ English best in your class?
- speak B. speaks C. speaking
- Mrs Read _____ the windows every day.
- is cleaning B. clean C. cleans
- We _____ music and often _____ to music.
- like/ listen B. likes/ listens C. like/ are listening
- She _____ up at six in the morning.
- get B. gets C. getting
- On Sunday he sometimes ____ his clothes and sometimes ____ some shopping.
- wash/ do B. is washing/ is doing C. washes/ does
- The twins usually _____ milk and bread for breakfast, but Jim _____ some coffee for it.
- have/ have B. have/ has C. has/ have
- My father always __________(come) back from work very late.
- The teacher is busy. He __________ (sleep) six hours a day.
- Listen! Joan _________(sing) in the classroom. She often __________ (sing) there.
- __________ your brother __________(know) Japanese?
- Where __________ you __________ (have) lunch every day?
- The girl __________(like) wearing a skirt. Look! She __________(wear) a red skirt today.
work___________ sing__________ play__________ study__________ dance__________ have__________ write__________ take__________ run__________ sit__________ shop__________ swim__________
work__________ read__________ clean__________ write__________ teach__________ wash__________ guess__________ watch__________ go__________ do___________ photo______ study__________ fly__________ cry__________ play__________
_____ _____ the students _____? Some _____ _____ on the phone, _____ _____ _____ on the beach.
2、“格林先生在看电视吗？” “不， 他在打扫房间。”
“_____ Mr Green _____ TV?” “_____, He _____ _____ the house.”
Wei Fang _____ _____ a book. She _____ _____ a letter.
4、今天天气怎么样？_____ is the weather today? 或_____ is the weather _____ today?
5、我正在通过收音机学 (learn) 英语。
I _____ _____ English on the radio.
The old man _____ _____ at six o’clock in the morning every day.
7、你从哪里来？Where _____ you from? 或Where _____ you _____ from?
我从美国来。 I _____ from America. 或I _____ from America.
- Tom can speak Chinese.
- We have four lessons.
- I watch TV every day.
- She works in a hospital.
- Do you like this book?
- Kitty and Ben have lunch at about twelve.
- His father can help them.
- Danny, open the door.
- They watch TV in the evening.
10.What are you doing ?
1．What does he/she look like? He /she is medium build,and he/she has short straight hair.
2．What do you/they look like? I’m /They’re …
3．What would you like? I’d like some noodles.
- What kind of noodles would you like?
I’d like beef noodles,please.
- What size bowl of noodles would he like?
He’d like a small/medium/large bowl of noodles.
- be from/come from 来自于
- live in 住在…
- in China 在中国
- in English 用英语
- in November 在十一月
- a little 一点儿
- go to the movies 去看电影
- write to sb 给某人写信
- on weekends 在周末
10.tell sb about sth 告诉某人某事
11.post office 邮局
12.pay phone 投币式公用电话
14.in front of 在…前面
15.in the neighborhood 在附近
16.go straight 直走
17.on the right/left 在右侧/左侧
18.turn left/right 向左转/右转
19.take a walk 散步
20.at the beginning of 在…的开端
21.have fun 玩得开心
22.take a taxi 乘出租车
23.go down 顺着…走
24.have a good trip 旅途愉快
25.kind of 有几分
26.want to do sth 想要做某事
27.play with… 与…一起玩
28.be quiet 安静
29.during/in the day 在白天
30.at night 在夜晚
31.get up 起床
32.every day 每天
33.look at 看着…
34.shop assistant 店员
35.bank clerk 银行职员
36.TV station 电视台
37.work with 和…一起工作
38.talk to sb 和某人交谈
39.give sb sth/give sth to sb 给某人某物
40.police station 警察局
41.school play 校园剧
42.go out 出去
43.ask sb sth 问某人某事
44．get sth from sb 从某人处得到某物
45.do homework 做家庭作业
46.watch TV 看电视
47.eat/have dinner 吃晚饭
48.talk on the phone 打电话
49.TV show 电视节目
50.wait for 等待
51.talk about 谈论
52.play basketball 打篮球
53.at school 在学校
54.read books 看书
55.not bad 不错
56.take photos 拍照
57.look cool 看上去很酷
58.have a good time 玩得开心
59.thank sb for doing sth 感谢某人做了某事
60.play computer games 打电脑游戏
61.pretty good 好极了
62.play beach volleyball 打沙滩排球
63.look for 寻找
64.lie on the beach 躺在沙滩上
65.short/long hair 短/长发
66.curly/straight hair 卷/直发
67.medium build/height 中等身材/个子
68.look like 看起来像
69.the captain of… …的队长/首领
70.a little bit 一点儿；少许
71.love to do sth 喜欢做某事
72.tell jokes 讲笑话
73.stop doing sth 停止做某事
74.like doing sth 喜欢做某事
75.pop singer 流行歌手
76.play chess 下棋
77.would like 想要
78.green tea 绿茶
79.countable noun 可数名词
80.uncountable noun 不可数名词
81.phone number 电话号码
82.as well as 也
83.ice cream 冰淇淋
84.orange juice 桔汁
85.what size 什么型号/尺寸
86.what kind of 什么种类
87.have a party 举行晚会
88．play the guitar 弹吉他
89.stay at home 呆在家里
90.play tennis 打网球
91.play soccer 踢足球
92.do some reading 阅读
93.clean one’s room 打扫房间
94.go for a walk 去散步
95.middle school 中学
96.go shopping 去购物
97.talk show （电视，广播的）访谈节目
98.go to the beach 去海滩
99.practice English 练习英语
100.study for the test 准备测试
101.go on vacation 去度假
102.the Great Wall 万里长城
103.have fun doing sth 很开心地做某事
104.summer camp 夏令营
105.the Palace Museum 故宫
106.Tian’an Men Square 天安门广场
107.how/what about…? …怎么样？
108.key ring 钥匙链
109.think of 想到；认为
110.soap opera 肥皂剧
111.sports show 体育节目
112.in fact 事实上
113.situation comedy 情景喜剧
114.game show 游戏节目
115.enjoy doing 喜欢做…
116.agree with 同意
117.too many rules 太多规则
118.be late for class 上课迟到
119.after school 放学后
120.dinning hall 餐厅
121.have to 不得不
122.sports shoes 运动鞋
123.the Children’s Palace 少年宫
124.be in bed 睡觉
- The girl looks _________(有几分) shy. She talks little.
- —What does your father do, Mary?
—He works in a _____________ (电视台) .
3.The ______ (投币式公用电话) is ______ (在……对面) the library.
- Lisa went to the movies last weekend. She ________________(玩的开心;过的愉快) there.
- —Are they _____________ (谈论) the animals in the sitting room?
—No, they are ______________(在电话上交谈).
- —Is there a big supermarket _______________ (在临近的地区)?
—Yes, there is. It’s ________________ (在……旁边) the hospital.
- Mike __________ letters ____________(从……得到……) his letter box every day.
- —Why don’t you ____________ (看电视) at home?
—Because the ______________(电视节目) is boring.
9.—Who are Ben and Sam __________________(和……交谈)?
—The two policemen.
- —How can we get to the Hongxiang Hotel?
—You can _______ (乘出租车) from the airport. ________ (穿过) the Center Avenue and ________ (向左拐). It’s _________ (在……前面) Hualing Store.
- —Where is your _______ (笔友) from?
—He is from New York.
—Do you often ____________(给……写信) him?
—Yes. We usually send e-mails to each other.
- My house is ________(在……之间) the No. 1 Middle School and the Nanshan Park. My parents always _______ (散步) in the park after supper.
- —How is it going, Jeff?— _________________.
- Does your mother work in a ___________ or in a ___________?
- —Who is your English teacher ___________at the school gate?
—Her son, I think.
- —Can you tell me ___________the Garden District?
—Sure. It’s not far. _________ and it’s _________of the hotel.
- —It’s snowing outside. Let’s _______________.
—That sounds great.
- —I like singing and dancing.
—If you want to be in the __________, please call Mary at 767-6609.
- —Why do people want to ______________?
—Because they think the food in the restaurants is more delicious than that cooked at home.
- —Look at the young kids. What are they doing on the beach?
—They are playing ___________. How happy they are!
- I’m going to listen to the tapes ____________improve my English.
- Koalas __________Australia. They sleep ____________, but they get up and eat leaves ___________.
- 根据汉语意思, 完成下列句子(每空一词)。
—What does your friend _______ ________?
—He is _______ _______, and has ______ ________.
—________ ________ ________noodles _________you __________?
— _________ __________.
—What do you often do _________ ________?
—I often ________ ________.
—Where did he go ______ ________?
—He _______ _______ ________ ________.
Last week I saw a _______ _______. It made me very excited.
I don’t mind what young people ________ ________me.
- Why do you often __________? The teacher is angry.
- —What did he do over the weekend?
—He _________because he liked English a lot.
- I often _________in the library when I am free.
4.The children went to the park yesterday. They _________there.
- —Do you enjoy _________?
—Yes, very much. I like the music written by Beethoven.
What did you do last weekend?
On Saturday morning I cleaned my room. On Saturday evening I went to the movies.
How was your weekend? It was great.
Where did you go last weekend? We went New York City.
Did your go to Central Park? Yes, I did.
How was the weather? It was humid.
I had a word with Julia this morning. 今天早晨，我跟朱丽亚说了几句话。
He smoked many cigarettes a day until he gave up. 他没有戒烟的那阵子，烟抽得可凶了。 一般过去时常与表示过去的时间状语或从句连用，过去时间状语如：yesterday, two days ago…（两天前）the other day（前几天），last week / year, in 1993, just now（刚才）、in the old days（过去的日子里） at that time, once, during the war, before, a few days ago, when引导的时间状语从句等。
Have you had your lunch? 你吃过午饭了吗？（意思是说你现在不饿吗？）
Yes, I have. 是的，我已经吃过了。（意思是说已经吃饱了，不想再吃了。）
When did you have it? 你是什么时候吃的？（关心的是吃的动作发生在何时。）
I had it about ten minutes ago. 我是大约十分钟以前吃的。
（1）be(was, were)作谓语. 否定句是在was/were后面加not，was not(wasn't) / were not (weren't)。一般疑问句是把was / were提前并放到句首，首字母要大写。
肯定句: She was at home yesterday.
否定句: She wasn’t at home yesterday.
一般疑问句: Was she at home yesterday?
如：They had a good time yesterday.
②否定式：主语+did not(didn't)+动词原形+其它。如：They didn't watch TV last night.
③一般疑问句：Did+主语+动词原形+其它？肯定回答：Yes，主语+did. 否定回答：No，主语+didn't. 如：Did they watch TV last night ? Yes, they did. / No, they didn’t.
如：What time did you finish your homework?
Mrs. Peter always carried an umbrella.彼得太太过去老是带着一把伞。（只是说明她过去的动作，不表明她现在是否常带着伞。）
比较: Mrs. Peter always carries an umbrella.彼得太太老是带着伞。
I never drank wine.我以前从不喝酒。（不涉及到现在,不说明现在是否喝酒）
3.如果强调已经终止的习惯时要用used to do
He used to drink. 他过去喝酒。（意味着他现在不喝酒了。喝酒这个动作终止了）
I used to take a walk in the morning.我过去在早晨散步（意味着现在不在早晨散步了）
I didn''t know you were in Paris. 我不知道你在巴黎。（因为在说话时，我已经知道你在巴黎了。这句话指的是说话之前，所以只能用过去时表示。实际上，这句话暗指But now I know you are here.）
I thought you were ill. 我以为你病了呢。（这句话应是在说话之前，我以为你病了。但是现在我知道你没病）
Li Ming studied English this morning. （把此句变为一般疑问句）
1.Did Li Ming studied English this morning？（×,动词应该用原形）
- Does Li ming study English this morning？（×,时态应该用原句子的时态）
3.Was Li Ming studied English this morning？（×,应该用实义动词，而不是be动词）
4.Did Li Ming study Enghish this morning？ （√）
1.go---______ 2.do---_______ 3.have/has---______ 4.am/is---______ 5.are---______ 6.am not/isn’t---_______ 7.aren’t---________ 8.don’t/doesn’t---_______ 9.study---______ 10.play---______ 11.see---______ 12.get---______
13.come---______ 14.eat---_____ 15.drink---______ 16.write---_______ 17.stay---_______ 18.take---_____ 19.sit---______ 20.buy---________ 21.sell---_______ 22.leave---______ 23.meet---_______ 24.read---_______
( )1.The two __________in the same class last year.
- are B. was C. were D. be
( )2.---Where______ you______ ? ----I went to buy some food for supper.
A.are … go B.did … go C.do … go D. will … go
( )3."Why ____ she ____ angry?" "Because he ___ at him just now.
- did… get, shouted B. has…got…shouted
- did… get… has shouted D. has…got…has shouted
( )4.______ that worker ________in a shoe factory a year ago?
- Do, work B. Did, worked C. Did, work D. Does work
( )5____ you _____ the film before ? Where ____ you _____ it ?
- Have… seen… did… see B. Did…see…die…watch
- Have…seen… have… seen D. Did…see…have…seen
( )6. __________your mother __________to work last Saturday?
- Did, go B. Do, go C. Does, go D. Has, gone
( )7.They________ not late the day before yesterday.
- did B. were C. are D. do
( )8._________ they away from school last October?
- Did B. Were C. Do D. Are
( )9. You ___ me waiting for two hours. I ____ for you since five.
- kept…waited B. have kept…waited
- kept…have waited D. have kept…have waited
( )10. ____you ____ the text yet ? Yes, we ____ it two hours ago.
- Did…copy…did B. Have… copied…have
- Have… copied… did D. Did …copy…had
( )11. I _____ that you _____ good care of her that day.
- thought…will take B. thought…would take
- think… will take D. think… would take
( )12.The boys_______ only two subjects last term, but this term they_______ five.
- have, have B. had, had C. had, have D. have had, have
( )13. Mother ____ me a new coat yesterday. I ___ it on. It fits me well.
- has made…have tried B. made…have tried
- has made…tried D. made…tried
( )14.They stopped here because they_____ the way to the station.
- didn’t know B. don’t know C. will know D. weren’t known
( )15---Where _______ you find your ticket? ----I __________it on the ground.
- did, found B. do, found C. were, find D. did, find
( )16. Was he at work ______?
- now B. next week C. next Sunday D. yesterday
( )17.--I have seen the film Titanic already. -When ________ you ______ it？
--The day before yesterday.
- have； seen B. will； see C. did；see D. did；seen
( )18. We _______ trees last Sunday. So far we _____ over 3，000 trees there.
- planted；planted B. planted；have planted
- have planted；planted D. have planted；have planted
- 二. 填空
1.He ________(fight) the big man a moment ago.
2.He ___________ (hurt) his leg this morning.
3.I listened but ___________ (hear) nothing.
4.That old dead man always _____ (carry) an umbrella.
5.The little boy stood up, ______(look) around, and then _____(run) out of the classroom
6.She watches TV every evening. But she ____________ (not watch) TV last night.
7.-What time _______ you _______ (get) to Beijing yesterday?
-We __________ (get) to Beijing at 9:00 in the evening.
- What __________ (make) him cry just now?
9.Last year the teacher _____ (tell) us that the earth moves around the sun.
- Once upon a time, there ______(live) a happy farmer.
- There __________ not enough people to pick apples that day. ( be)
12.There _____ any hospitals in my hometown in 1940. ( be not)
- There __________ enough milk at home last week, wasn’t there?
- Jack ____________ (not clean) the room a moment ago.
- 15. How many people ________ (be) there in your class last term?
- 16. It _____ (be) hot yesterday and most children ______ (be) outside.
- 17. There ___ (be) a football match on TV yesterday evening, but I ___ (have) no time to watch it.
- 18. Mum told me to buy some milk when I ______ to the shop(go)
- 19. He _____(say) he would come to see me if he ______(have) time the next day.
- 20. My mother_______ (pay) the bill.
- 21. He used to smoke,______ he?
- 22. On Saturday morning I _____(play) football.
23 .May________ (finish) her homework very late yesterday evening.
24.Han Mei __________ (bring) her pet to the park that day.
- 25. I ______(think) you were ill.
- 26. _______ you _________ (have) bread for breakfast this morning?
27.She hardly achieved A grades, _____ she?
28.The police ________ (stop) the car and _________ (catch) the thief just now.
29.The little Tom _______ (lie) under the umbrella last Saturday when the sun _____(shine)
30.Uncle Wang _________ ( come )into the room and _______ ( find ) something to eat.
31.Lily _______ ( study ) in the classroom for two hours and then _________ ( leave ).
32..Jimmy ______ ( do ) a lot today. He ________ ( go ) shopping and ________ ( cook ) supper.
33.The thief ______(steal) a woman’s purse and_____(run)away
34.What time _______ you _________ ( get ) to school this morning?
- Lucy did her homework at home.（改否定句）
Lucy ________ _______ her homework at home.
- He found some meat in the fridge.（变一般疑问句)
_______ he ________ _________ meat in the fridge?
3.She stayed there for a month.（对划线部分提问）
______ ______ _____ she _____ there?
4.There was some tea in the cup.（变一般疑问句)
_____ there _____ tea in the cup?
- I did some reading last night.(改为一般疑问句)
_____ you _____ ______ reading last night?
6.Han Meimei didn’t fly a kite, either.(变为肯定句)
Han Meimei ____ a kite , ______.
7.They found a bird in the tree yesterday.（改为反义疑问句）
They found a bird in the tree yesterday, _________?
8.My mother had porridge for breakfast this morning. （改否定句）
My mother _____ _______porridge for breakfast this morning.
9.They cleaned the house last Saturday（对划线部分提问）
______ ______ they ______ last Saturday?
1 What do you think of game shows ?I can’t stand them /I don’t mind them /
I don’t like them/I love them
2 What does he/she think of sitcomsc? He/She doesn’t like it .
3 sports show /talk show /soap opera/game show/a thirteeen-year-old boy/welcome to /enjoy doing sth/think of
4 Don’t arrive late for class. Don’ eat in the classroom Don’t run in the hallways Don’t listen to music in the classrooms ot the hallways. Don’t fight.Don’t watch TV after school
Don’t go out on school night. Do your homework after school. Practice your guiter every day.
help my mom make dinner
5 Can we wear hats in school?Yes ;we can /No,we can’t
Do you have to wear a uniform at schooll?Yes,we do /No,we don’t
Be quiet！ 别说话！
Come earlier next time. 下次早点来。
Have a good time. 愿你玩得痛快。
Go and tell her. 去告诉她吧。
Do be careful. 务请小心。
Do come on time. 务必请准时来。三、表现形式
- Do型(即:动词原形(+宾语)+其它成分)。如:Please have a seat here. 请这边坐。
有的祈使句在意思明确的情况下,动词可省略。如:This way, please. = Go this way, please. 请这边走。
- Be型(即:Be + 表语(名词或形容词)+其它成分)。如:Be a good boy! 要做一个好孩子!
- Let型(即:Let + 宾语 + 动词原形 + 其它成分)。如:Let me help you. 让我来帮你。
- Do型和Be型的否定式都是在句首加don't构成。如:Don't forget me! 不要忘记我!
Don't be late for school! 上学不要迟到!
- Let型的否定式有两种:“Don't + let + 宾语 + 动词原形 + 其它成分”和“Let + 宾语 + not + 动词原形 + 其它成分”。如:Don't let him go. / Let him not go. 别让他走。
- 有些可用no开头,用来表示禁止性的祈使句。如:No smoking! 禁止吸烟!No fishing! 禁止钓鱼!
Don’t be late. 不要迟到。
Don’t speak so loud. 别这么大声说话。
Don’t walk on the grass. 不要在草坪上走。
Don’t lose the key. 别把钥匙丢了。
Don’t come unless I telephone. 除非我打电话，否则你别来。
三、与 ｐｌｅａｓｅ 连用以使语气委婉
为使语气委婉，通常将祈使句与 please 连用。please 可用于祈使句的句首（其后通常不用逗号）或句末（其前通常用逗号）。如：
Please don’t get angry. 请不要生气。
Drive more slowly，please. 请开得慢一点。
Please cut me a piece of cake. 请给我切一块蛋糕。
Please try to be quiet. 请设法保持安静。
Please repeat what you’ve just said. 请把你刚才说的话重复一遍。
四、关于以 ｌｅｔ 开头的祈使句
Let’s eat out tonight. 我们今晚出去吃饭吧。
Let me have a try. 我来试一试。
Let me show you how to do it. 我来告诉你怎样做。
Let every man do his best. 让每个人都人尽其才。
Let the meat cook slowly. 把肉用慢火炖。
Let’s not hurry. / Don’t let’s hurry. 我们不要太急。
- let 后用作宾语补足语的动词要用原形，不能用带 to 的不定式。
一、"let" 的否定句有二。如果宾语是第三人称用"Don't let....."（见例(9)）；如果宾语是第一人称，则用"Let......not" （见例(10)）：
(9) Don't let this type of things happen again.
(10) It's raining now. Let's not go out until after the rain.
二、"Let"只适用于现在时态，可以有被动语态 (the passive voice)，如：
(11) Let the recalcitrant criminals be sent to prison.
(12) Let all the dedicated capable staff be promoted.
三、"Let"后头除了是不带"to"的不定式动词 (The infinitive without"to")之外，还可以是某些适当的副词，如out, in, down, alone等：
(13) Let the puppy out.
(14) Open the windows and let the fresh air in.
(15) The room is too sunny. Let the blinds down.
(16) Let me alone, please.
(17) Let's try it, shall we?
(18) Let us do it by ourselves, will you?
从(17)里的"shall we"和(18)里的"will you"，不难知道前者包括听话人，后者并没有。
1.在通常情况下，若陈述部分为祈使句，反意疑问句通常用 will you， won’t you， would you 等。如：
Turn on the TV， will you？把电视打开，好吗？
Tell me the truth， won’t you？告诉我实话，好吗？
If you want help， let me know， would you？如果你需要帮助，告诉我，好吗？
注：若陈述部分为否定式，则反意疑问句部分只用 will you。如：
Don’t forget to post the letter， will you？请别忘了寄信。
2. 若陈述部分为以 let 开头的祈使句，则要分两种情况：
注意 回答Let''s～的反意疑问句句型时，肯定时用Yes，let''s.否定时用NO，let''s not. 祈使句变反意疑问句的方法：
a,Let's表示说话人向对方提出建议,简短问句的主语用 we表示,问句用 shall we或 shan't we 如: Let's have a cup of tea ,shall we (shan't we)
b,Let me或 Let us表示听话人提出请求,问句用 will you或 won't you .
Let me have a rest , will you (won't you )
如:Have a rest , will you
Stand up , will (won't) you
1. If you are tired， _________ a rest.
A. haveB. having C. to haveD. had
2. _________ me go. It is very important for me.
A. Do let B. Let do C. Doing letD. To do let
3. He is not honest. _________ believe him.
A. Not B. Don’t C. To not D. Not to
4. If you want to stay， let me know， _________？
A. will you B. shall we C. do youD. do we
5. Never come late again， _________？
A. will you B. won’t you C. do you D. does he
6. _________ up early tomorrow， or you can’t catch the train.
A. Getting B. Get C. To get D. Got
7. _________ in the street. It’s dangerous.
A. Not play B. Not to play C. Don’t play D. Don’t to play
8. Please _________ me some money， will you？
A. lend B. lending C. to lend D. be lend
9. The film is about to begin. Please _________ seated.
A. be B. are C. is D. being
10. _________ the boxes. You may use them later.
A. Keep B. Keeping C. To keep D. Kept
- 请照看好您的包。 ___________________.
- 让我们去学校吧! ___________________!
- 亲爱的,高兴点儿! ___________________!
- 不要把书放这儿。 ___________________.
- 不要让猫进来。 ___________________.
- how often 多久一次 2. as for 至于；关于
- of course 当然；自然 4. look after 照顾；照看
- on weekends 在周末 6. surf the Internet 网上冲浪
- twice a week 每周两次 8. pretty healthy 相当健康
- keep in good health 保持健康 10. try to do sth. 努力干某事
- havea cold/stomachache/a sore throat/ toothache/ fever/ headache
- lie down and rest 躺下休息 13. see a dentist 看牙医
- see a doctor 看医生 15. be stressed out 有压力的；紧张的
- get tired 疲惫 17. stay healthy 保持健康
- get a cold 感冒 19. at the moment 此时此刻
- drink hot tea with honey 喝加蜂蜜的热茶
- a balanced diet 均衡饮食 22. listen to music 听音乐
- What do you usually do on weekend?
I sometimes go to the beach.
- How often do you exercise?
- How many hours do you sleep every night?
- What’s your favorite program?
- What’s the matter?
I have a sore back/ cold/ stomachache/ …
- Maybe you should see a dentist.
- I’m not feeling well.
- It’s easy to have a healthy lifestyle, and it’s important to eat a balanced diet.
- I’m sorry to hear that.
- That’s a good idea.
What’s the matter? / What’s wrong? /What’s the trouble?
How long have you been like this?
Did you feel tired?
Do you have a headache?
There is something wrong with …
I have a headache/ toothache/ …
Since two years ago.
I have a pain in …
I’m feeling even worse.
This place hurt.
You must take this medicine three times a day with hot water.
You should eat less meat and more vegetables and fruits.
Don’t sleep too late.
You’d better stay in bed for a few days.
You will get better soon.
① How long，意思是“多久”，指时间的长度，一般对for或since引导的表示一段时间的状语提问。如：- How long have you been in the Party？- Since 1998.
② How soon，意思是“多久才能”，“要到什么时候”，指将来，一般针对“in +一段时间”或soon 等将来的时间提问。如：- How soon will he come back? – In three days.
③ How often，意思是“隔多久一次”“是否经常”，指频率，一般针对once a week，three times a day，often，sometimes，never等频度状语提问。如：-How often do you usually have an art class? –Once a week.
④ How long/ wide/ tall/ deep/ far，意思是“多长/宽/高/深/远”，一般针对带有“数字+形容词”的内容提问。如：-How deep is the river？ -It’s about four meters deep.
⑤ How many，意思是“多少”，针对可数名词的数量提问。如：-How many books can I borrow？-Two.
⑥ How much，意思是“多少钱”或“多少”，针对价格或不可数名词的数量提问。如：-How much is that green dress？-Thirty dollars. 又如：-How much meat do you want？- Half a kilo.
- You must (try) to eat less food.
- Do you have a healthy lifestyle if you (exercise) every day?
- He (eat) fruit every day.
- He (like) (watch) TV. Sometimes he (watch) it for 10 hours. Now he (watch) a movie at home.
- She usually (exercise) three times a day.
- –How often do you go to the park? -(two) a week.
- –Do you like watching TV? –No, it is (bored).
- How often do you eat (health) food?
- She (enjoy) her meal in the restaurant now.
- During his (ill), he stayed indoors.
- Mr. Green has a fand he has to see a doctor.
- The exam is very i, I don’t want to fail it.
- My English is not good enough. I want to iit.
- Traditional Chinese doctors believe that a bdiet is very important for staying healthy.
- He isn’t good at English, because he hworks hard.
- Here are the rof the students activity survey at Green High School.
- My mother has a cold and she has a sthroat.
- –What’s your favorite TV p? -Chinese.
- –Mr. Green, an ifrom CCTV wants to visit you.
-OK, I’m coming soon.
- –Smoking is a bad h, I think you should give it up.
-I see, thank you, Mr. Wang.
- When you’re tired,you should eat hot yang foods to healthy.
- go B. grow C. stay D. leave
- –I’m stressed out because my Englishisn’t improving. -.
- You should see a doctor B. You should study hard
- You should stop learning it
- You should listen to music and relax
3.The Meat is expensive and eating meat is bad for your health.
- too much; much too B. too much; too much
C much too, much too D. much too, too much
- –Why don’t you let Sue do it? -I she do it.
- think; can B. think; can’t C. don’t think; can D. don’t think; can’t
- It’s difficult this work today.
- to finish B. finishes C. finish D. finishing
- –What’s the boy standing there? -.
- He’s Tim Green. B. He’s very good.
- He’s a student D. He’s reading a book
- Is there wrong with your clock?
- anything B. something C. nothing D. everything
- What kind of music do you like to ?
- hear B. heard C. listen D. listen to
- –How do you like the story? -.
- Yes, I like. B. I don’t like C. Not at all D. It’s very interesting
- Everyone sometimes.
- gets tired B. are tired C. be tired D. get tired
- I you to help with her English.
- hope B. want C. think D. let
- -do you watch TV? -I watch TV every day.
- How long B. How soon C. How D. How often
- –How often does Chen watch TV? -He watches TV .
- Two a week B. second a week
- the second a week D. twice a week
- You must take this medicine once eight hours.
- even B. all C. each D. every
- -? –I have a bad cold.
- How are you B. What’s the matter
- How often do you exercise D. How about you
- She looks pale and weak after her illness.
- kind of B. kinds of C. a kind of D. a kind
- Your pen is mine.
- a same to B. the same to C. a same for D. the same as
- he was not rich, he bought a lot of books for his son.
- But B. While C. Although D. Because
- -does Michael do on weekends?
-He often goes to the library.
- How B. What C. Where D. Why
- –Have you ever been to Shenzhen? -No, .
- ever B. some times C. usually D. never
1.What are you doing for vacation?
I’m spending time with my friends.
- When are you going? ------I’m going next week.
- How long are you staying? ------We’re staying for two weeks.
- How do you get to school? ------I take the bus.
- How long does it take? ------It takes 20 minutes.
- How far is it? ------It’s ten/10 miles.
go camping 去野营 go hiking 去远足
spend time with friends 和朋友一起度过
send sb sth/send sth to sb 送给某人某物
show sb sth/show sth to sb 把某物给某人看
go bike riding 骑自行车旅行，兜风
go for a drive 开车兜风 go sightseeing 去观光旅游
take walks 去散步 go fishing 去钓鱼
rent videos 租碟片 vacation plan 假期计划
think about 思考，考虑 something different 不同的东西
a relaxing vacation 一次令人放松的假期
plan to do sth 计划做某事
can’t wait to do sth 迫不及待做某事
finish doing sth 结束做某事
by bus/subway 乘车/地铁 on foot 步行
have a quick breakfast 匆匆地吃完早饭
bus stop 公汽站（小） bus station 公汽站（大） be far from 远离某 depend on/upon 取决于，由…决定
一般将来时表示将要发生的动作或存在的状态以及计划、打算做某事。E.g. They will have a football match tomorrow. He will be thirty next week. She is going to buy a coat this afternoon.
其结构有如下几种: 1)will + 动词原形(will可以用于任何人称) 需要注意的是当主语是第一人称时will可以换成shall,特别是在以I或we作主语的问句中,一般用shall. e.g. Shall we go to the zoo? 2)be going to +动词原形 3)现在进行时也可表示将来,前边已经讲过,这里不在重复.
第一种结构的句式变化是: 变否定句在will后边加not. 变一般疑问句把will提前. e.g. She will be back in three days. She will not be back in three days. Will She be back in three days? 第二种结构的句式变化要在be上做文章. E.g. They are going to clean their classroom. They are not going to clean their classroom. Are they going to clean their classroom?
其时间状语有如下几种 1）this引导的短语 如 this year 2）tomorrow及其相关短语 如tomorrow morning 3）next引导的短语 如 next month 4) from now on ; in the future ; in an hour 等。
例：1 He will is (be) at school next Monday.
2 He is going to does (do) his homework after school.
答案：1 be 2 do
二、be going to +动词原形与will+动词原形用法不清楚
I am studying hard and I will try for my English exams.
答案：I am studying hard and I am going to try for my English exams.
解析：“be going to” 表示计划、打算要做某事。E.g. He is going to visit his friends. 还表示某种迹象表明会发生某事.e.g. Look at the clouds. It’s going to rain. 而“Will+动词原形 ”指对将来事物的预见、表示意愿、决心。E.g. I will wait for you until you come. 在单纯预测未来时，二者可以互换，但在此题中只能用be going to，而不能用will。
1 _____you ____a doctor when you grow up?
A Will; going to be B Are; going to be C Are; / D Will; be
2 I don’t know if his uncle _____. I think he _____ if it doesn’t rain.
A will come; comes B will come; will come
C comes; comes D comes; will come
3 He will be back _____a few minutes.
A with B for C on D in
4 What time _____we meet at the gate tomorrow?
A will B shall C do D are
5 He will have a holiday as soon as he _____the work next week.
A finishes B doesn’t finish C will finish D won’t finish
6 There _____some showers this afternoon.
A will be B will have C is going to be D are going to have
7 It ____my brother’s birthday tomorrow. She _____a party.
A is going to be; will have B will be; is having
C will be; is going to have D will have; is going to be
8 Li Ming is 10 years old now, next year he _____11.
A is B is going to be C will be D will to be
1 -“I need some paper.”
- “I ____(bring)some for you.”
2 ____(be)you free tomorrow?
3 They _________(not leave) until you come back.
4 _____we_____(go) to the party together this afternoon?
5 They want to know when the meeting _____start.
6 I _____(go) with you if I have time.
7 Hurry up! Or we ______(be) late.
8 What ____you _______(do) tomorrow afternoon?
9 Jenny ____ _____ (do) an experiment the day after tomorrow.
10 If she isn’t free tomorrow, she _______(not take) part in the party.
三、 There be结构的一般将来时易出错
例：There_________ a basketball match this afternoon. (B)
A is going to be B is going to have
C are going to be D are going to have
解析：There be结构的一般将来时既要符合There be结构，又要符合一般将来时。有的同学认为have当“有”讲，所以选了B，但There be结构就不成立了，此句中is是be going to中的，是由后边的单数名词决定的.
四、 be going to结构中易丢掉to
例：I’m going _______(go) school by bike tomorrow. (C)
A to will go B to go to C go to D to go
解析：由tomorrow可知是一般将来时，be going to +动词原形，所以先确定用to go , 在B、 D当中选，而go to school 是固定词组，不能因为前边有一个to而省略，这是一个易错点，需要注意。
study for a (math) test 为(数学)考试而学习
go to the docter = see a doctor 看医生
have a piano lesson 上钢琴课
take acting lessons 上表演课
have to do sth 不得不做某事
go to the concert 去参加音乐课
the day before yesterday 前天
the day after tomorrow 后天
tennis training 网球训练
call sb 给某人打电话
stay/ keep healthy 保持健康
keep quiet/ clean 保持安静/干净
shopping mall/ center 购物中心
the whole day= all the day 一整天
in some ways 在某些方面
more than = over 多于, 超过
less than 不到,少于
as + adj.原级 + as 与……一样
not as/so + adj.原级 + as 与……不一样
look the same 看起来相同
make sb do sth 使得某人做某事
tell a joke/ story 讲笑话 / 讲故事
tell a lie / truth 撒谎 / 讲真话
two-week school trip
= two weeks’ school trip 为期两周的学校旅行
1.Can you come to my birthday party?
Yes,I’d loveto. /Sorry,I can’t, I have to study for a test.
/I’m sorry. I’m playing soccer on Sunday.
2.When is the party? It’s at seven-thirty.
3.Tom has short hair than Sam. Tom is calmer than Sam.
日常交际用语：邀请和应答（Invations and responses）
a.Will you come to …….?
Would you like to ……?
Can you come to……?
I hope you can….
- Yes, I’d love/like to.
Yes, it’s very kind / nice of you.
- I’d love/like to, but……
( )1.“Can you help me my English? “ ”.
A.with ;With pleasure B. for; With pleasure
- with; A pleasure D. for; A pleasure
( )2. “Would you like to join us in basketball?” “ but I’m afraid I have to study for my science test.”
A.I wouldn’t B. I’d love to C. I’d like D.I don’t like it
( )3.“Can you go to the movie with us on Sunday?”
“Of course. is it?” “5:00 in the afternoon.”
- Where B. What time C. How soon D. When
( )4. me carefully, boys and girls. Can you me?
- Listen to; hear from B. Hear; listen to
- Hear; hear D. Listen to; hear
( )5. Which is bigger, sun or moon?
- a; a B. /; / C. the; / D. the; the
( )6.The blue skirt is than the white one.
- dearB.much expensive C.expensive D. much more expensive
( )7. There are more students in Grade Two than .
- Grade One B. other grade C. in Grade One D. any grade
( )8. Which would you like , this one or that one?
- very B. well C. better D. good
( )9. John can’t get up so as his little sister.
- earlier B. early C. more early D. very early
( )10. Is Tara’s book cheaper than ?
- he’s B. him C. your’s D. his
( )11. Thank you for me find my little cat yesterday.
- help B. helps C. helped D. helping
( )12. —Could I please use your computer? — .
- Yes, I can.B. Yes, you can’tC. Sorry, you can’t D. No, I can’t.
( )13. I’m short, so I want to be .
- heavier B. larger C. taller D. bigger
1) 情态动词不能表示正在发生或已经发生的事情, 只表示期待或估计某事的发生。
2) 情态动词除have 外, 后面只能接不带to 的不定式。
- 一. 情态动词have to和must
1) 两词都是 “必须”的意思, have to 表示客观的需要, must 表示说话人主观上的看法, 即主观上的必要
My brother was very ill, so I had to call the doctor in the middle of the night.
He said that they must work hard.
2) have to有人称、数、时态的变化,而must只有一种形式。但must 可用于间接引语中表示过去的必要或义务。
He had to look after his sister yesterday.
3) 在否定结构中:don’t have to 表示 “不必”, mustn’t 表示“禁止”。
You don’t have to tell him about it.你不必把此事告诉他。
You mustn’t tell him about it. 你一定不要把这件事告诉他。
You must be hungry. 你一定饿了.
He can’t be at home. 他不可能在家.
- can与could都是情态动词,could是can的过去式。二者都可用于表示请求, 但是用法稍有不同。can表示一般性的请求,语气随便，常用于熟人之间或长辈对晚辈, 上级对下级的场合。
e.g. Can you tell us your story ,Tony ? (Tony,你能给我们讲讲你的故事吗?)
e.g. Could you tell us if it snows in winter in Australia? Sure.
请告诉我们, 澳大利亚冬天下雪吗? 当然可以。
--- Could I have the television on? (我可以打开电视吗?)
--- Yes, you can. / No, you can’t.
He can’t be a bad man. 他不可能是坏人。
1）---Could I borrow your dictionary? ---Yes, of course, you____.
- might B. will C. can D. should
could表示委婉的语气,并不为时态。答语中of course,表示肯定的语气,允许某人做某事时,用can和may来表达,不能用could或might。复习:will 与you连用,用来提出要求或下命令。should与you 连用,用来提出劝告。
2）---Shall I tell John about it?
---No, you ___. I've told him already.
- needn’t B. wouldn’t C. mustn’t D. shouldn’t
答案A. needn’t不必,不用,wouldn’t 将不,不会。mustn’t 禁止,不能。
3)---Don’t forget to come to my birthday party tomorrow. --- __ .
- I don’t B. I won’t C. I can’t D. I haven’t
答案B. will既可当作情态动词,表请求、建议、也可作为实义动词表 “意愿、意志、决心”,本题表示决心,选B。
(1) may 与might的形式
He may/ might arrive tomorrow. 他可能明天到.
You may use my pen. Might I come in?
①may和 might表示许可比can和 could更正式, might含有试探和犹豫不决的意思.表示许可时,用may不用might, may not 用来表示拒绝和禁止.
②may和 might常用来表示将要发生和正在发生的事的可能性.might不是 may的过去式,它所表示的可能性比may更小.may不用于于提问是否可能的疑问句.
用法比较: may not can not can’t
may not指”可能不”, 而can not 指”不可能”
It may not be true. 这可能不是真是真的.
It can not be true. 这不可能是真的.
Shall I take you to the hospital？ Shall we go to the zoo?
You shall get an answer from me tomorrow.
You shall be punshied for what you”ve done.
(1)Shall I…?用来询问对方的意见.其肯定答语为:Yyes.please. / Yes, thank you.其否定答语为:No,please don’t./ Sorry,…如:
---Shall I leave the door open? 我可以开着门吗?
---Yes,please. / Sorry,I feel a little cold.
好的. / 对不起,我感觉有点冷.
Sorry,I’m afried we can’t. / No,let’s not.
---Shall we start off now? 我们现在可以开始了吗?
Yes let’s. / Sorry,Lucy hasn’t turned up yet.
We should save water.我们应该节约用水.
We should protect environment.我们应当保护环境.
You should go to see a doctor.你应当去看医生.
You shouldn’t always stay at home and keep playing computer games. 你不应该总是呆在家里玩电脑游戏.
What do you think I should do with the problem?
Should I help you with the cleaning?
I will do it as soon as possible.
He said he would try his best to help his friend.
Will you go with us? Would you mind my opening the door?
|肯定句||You need to be careful.|
|否定句||You needn’t to be so worried.||You don’t need to be so worried.|
|肯定疑问式||Need I say my telephone number again?||Do I need to say my telephone nunber again?|
|Needn’t he come again? Need he not come again?||Doesn’t he need to come again? Does he not need to come again?|
用情态动词can, can’t, may, must, mustn’t , needn’t, could 填空。
- --- _____ you come and play with us now?
--- I’m afraid I _____. I _____ do the cooking. I ____ come later.
- --- _____ we clean the windows today?
--- No, you _______. You ____ clean them tomorrow.
- --- ____ I watch TV this evening, mum?
--- No, you _______. Work _____ come first.
- --- ____ I come in, please? ----Yes, please.
- Excuse me. ____ you tell me the way to the cinema?
1.---Mr. Li, may I go home now?
----No, you _____.you should sweep the floor first.
- can’t B. must C. needn’t D. can
2.Here’s the massage from the head teacher ：If you _____finish the work today, you _____attend party tomorrow.
- don’t；won’t B. can’t; shan’t C. won’t; can’t D. can’t; won’t
3.I’m sorry. I _____go now. My father told me on the phone that my mother was ill.
- can B. may C. have to D. think
4.----Let’s go dancing tonight.
----Sorry, I_____.I have to go to a meeting.
- mustn’t B. may not C. needn’t D. can’t
5.----Shall I book some seats for the concert?
----____, I’ve already my homework.
A Yes, you may B. No, you mustn’t C. No, you didn’t D. I’d rather not
6.----Mum, I’ve finished my homework. _____I go out and play for a while?
----No, I’m afraid not. I have some other exercises for you.
- Must B. May C .Would D. Will
7.Cars, buses and bikes ____stop when the traffic light is red.
- can B .must C. may D. need
- ----_____I borrow your MP3? ---Sure. Here you are.
- May B .Should C. Must D. Would
9.---Should I call Mary here right away?
----No, you _____. She is on the way here.
- mustn’t B. needn’t C. can’t D. couldn’t
10.----Must I stay here for hours?
----No, you _____. You can leave any time.
- mustn’t B .needn’t C. can’t D. couldn’t
11.Mary_____be at home. I saw her in the library just now.
- mustn’t B. have to C .shouldn’t D. can’t
12.----I like the party so much, but I _____go home. It’s too late.
----What a pity!
- mustn’t B. have to C. may D. can’t
13.----What did your P.E. teacher say about your high jump at the sports meeting? ----He said that I_____better.
- can do B. am C. will do D. could do
14.----Look! Mr Hu is on the other side of the street.
----It’s _____be him. He has gone to Lanzhou.
- mustn’t do B. can’t C. shouldn’t D. won’t
15.----Must we clean the classroom now?----No, you_____.
- mustn’t B. needn’t C. aren’t
16.----May I go surfing alone this afternoon, Dad?
----No, you ____. It is dangerous.
- may not B. can’t C. needn’t D. don’t
17.----Let’s go to Taishan Park by taxi.
----It’s not far. We _____take a taxi.
- needn’t B. can’t C. mustn’t D. couldn’t
18.Alice has been in China for several years. She ____be a big girl now.
- need B. must C. can D. may
19.----Peter, don’t play that kind of joke any more!
----Sorry. I _____do it again.
- won’t B. can’t C. mustn’t D. wouldn’t
20.---Must I copy the new words now?
---No, you ______, you______ do it after class.
- needn’t, mustn’t B. mustn’t, may
- needn’t, may D. mustn’t ,must
1 cut up 切碎/ pour… into把…..倒入….. / put on 穿上
put… into 把…..放到……里 / turn on 打开 /turn off 关掉 turn up将音量调高 /turn down 将音量调低
mix up 混合在一起 / add… to 把…..加到……上
how many +可数名词 how much + 不可数名词
on the top of 在……顶部 /at the foot of 在……脚下
2 take photos 拍照 /hang out经常出没, 闲逛
have a good time/have a great time/have a nice time /have a wonderful time/enjoy oneself 玩得开心
at the end of 在……的尽头, 在…… 的末尾
at the start /beginning of 在……的开头, 在……的开端
sleep late 睡过头, 起得晚 / on the day off 在休息日
have fun doing sth 愉快地做某事 /get wet
yard sale 庭院旧货出售 /in the future 在将来
go for a drive 开车兜风
3 Peel three bananas, Cut up the bananas. Put the bananas and ice cream into the blender. Pour the milk into the blender. Turn on the blender. Drink the milk shake
4 How was your school trip?
Did your go to the zoo? Yes, I did/ No, I didn’t
Were there any sharks? Yes, there are/No, there aren’t.
there be 句型
- 定义：There be句型表示某处存在某物或某人。
- 结构：(1) There is +单数可数名词/不可数名词+ 地点状语.
(2) There are +复数名词+地点状语.
- ① There is a bird in the tree. 树上有一只鸟。
② There is a teacher and many students in our classroom. 我们教室里有一位老师和许多学生。
③ There are two boys and a girl under the tree. 树下有两个男孩，一个女孩。
- There be句型与have的区别：
(1) There be 句型和have都表示“有”的含义。区别如下：There be表示“某处存在某物或某人”；have表示“某人拥有某物/某人”，它表示所有、拥有关系eg.
①He has two sons. 他有两个儿子。
②There are two men in the office. 办公室里有两个男人。
there be结构主要表示“某地（某时）有……”，它不能表示“所有”，即“某人（物）有……”。There be中的动词be(is, are)是“存在”的意思。there在这种句型中是引导词，没有实际词义。由there引导的这种结构，主语应放在动词be(is,are)之后，与其在数方面保持一致。其结构如下：
（1）There are many students in the classroom. 教室里有许多学生。
（2）There is a picture on the wall. 墙上有张画。
（3）There are seven days in a week. 一周有七天。
I have a new watch. 我有一块新表。
He has a good friend. 他有一个好朋友。
She has blue eyes. 她的眼睛是蓝色的。
A horse has two ears. 马有两只耳朵。
A clock has a round face.= There is a round face on a clock.
That room has only two windows.= There are two windows in that room.
Mary has a glass of water in her hand. 玛丽手中端着一玻璃杯水
D当have表示“包括”、“存在”的含义时，There be 句型与其可互换。
- A week has seven days. =There are seven days in a week. 一个星期有七天。
With ,have, there be都可译成“有”，但在使用上大不相同
It is a black cat with one black ear and two white legs.他是只长着一只黑耳朵、两条白腿的黑猫。
2、have:动词“有”表示“某人或某物有”，他表示所属关系。如：I have a book.我有一本书。
3、there be:表示“某地存在某物”，表示存在关系。其中there是引导词，be才是真正的谓语，在there be 结构中，主语放在be之后，be动词的变化取决于主语和句子的时态。
There is a book on the desk.
There are many students in our school.
There were a lot of old houses here three years ago.
There be句型的否定式的构成和含有be动词的其它句型一样，在be后加上not或no即可。注意not和no的不同：not是副词，no为形容词，not a/an/any + n. 相当于no+ n.。例如：
There are some pictures on the wall. →There aren't any pictures on the wall. =There are no pictures on the wall.
There is a bike behind the tree. → There isn't a bike behind the tree. =There is no bike behind the tree.
There is some water on Mars. → Is there any water on Mars?
There are some fish in the water. →Are there any fish in the water?
① 对主语提问：当主语是人时，用\"Who\'s+介词短语?\"；当主语是物时，用\"What\'s + 介词短语?\"。注意：无论原句的主语是单数还是复数，对之提问时一般都用be的单数形式(回答时却要根据实际情况来决定)。如：
There are many things over there. →What's over there?
There is a little girl in the room.→Who is in the room?
② 对地点状语提问：提问地点当然用"Where is / are+主语?\"啦！例如：
There is a computer on the desk. → Where is the computer?
There are four children on the playground. →Where are the four children?
How many+复数名词+are there+介词短语？
How much+不可数名词+is there+介词短语？
There be 句型专练
- 桌子上有一本书和两支钢笔。There _____ a book and two pens on the desk.
- 钱包里有些钱。There ____ some money in the picture.
3.在吉姆的书包里有一些卡片。____ _____ some cards in Jim’s bag.
- 里面还有其他的东西吗？_____ _____ anything else in it?
- 我们学校有许多班。There _____ many _____ in our school.
- 树上没有鸟。There _____ ______ birds in the tree.
- Are there any maps on the wall? ___
A.There are some. B.Yes, there is. C.Yes, there is one. D.No, there are.
- How many ____ are there in the picture?
- woman B. women C. buy D. milk
- There aren’t ___ trees near the house. There is only one.
- any B. some C. many D. much
- There ___ two bowls of rice on the table. A. is B. have C. has D. are
- Are there ___ houses near the river? Yes, there are .
- some, some B. any, some C. any, any D. some, any
- There is a woman near the house.（变复数）
- There are some buses near the hill.（变单数）
- There are some apples in the tree.（变一般问句）
- There are some oranges in the glass.（变否定句）
- Is there a baby in the room?（变复数）
- There are many beautiful flowers in the garden. (就划线部分提问) ___ ___ in the garden?
- There is a bookcase in my study. （变一般问句）
_____ _____ _____ _____ in your study?
- There is a soccer ball and a basketball on the floor. _____ ____ on the floor?
- My new dress is in the wardrobe. _____ _______ your new dress?
- There are some big trees behind my house. _____ _____ ______ big trees?
四.there be 与have区别专练。
- This desk _____ four legs. 2. ______ some books on the desk.
- Everyone ______ a dictionary in my class.
- _______ (没有) knives in the room. 5. I _____ a new sweater.
- ______ some flowers and a desk in the room.
- ______ nothing in the bag. 8. They ______ something to eat
be born 出生 stop doing sth. 停止干某事
stop to do sth. 停下别的事情来干……
too … to… 太…..而不能 at the age of 在……岁时
a difficult piece of music 一支很难的曲子
take part in 参加 start doing/ to do sth. 开始做某事
win first prize 获得一等奖 because of 因为
major in 主修, 专研 grow up 成长.长大
computer science 计算机科学
at the same time 同时 all over 到处,遍及
exchange student 交换生 sound like 听起来像
fashion show 时装表演会 a part-time job 一份兼职工作
hold an art exhibition 举行美术展览
keep fit 保持健康
- You are never too young to start doing things.
- She toured the US when she was fourteen.
- He won first prize in his group.
- When he was a small boy he could hum songs and difficult pieces of music.
- When were you / was she /he born?
- What are you going to be when you grow up?
I’m going to be a computer programmer.
- How are you going to do that?
- When I grow up, I’m going to do what I want to do.
- Paris sounds like a city that I could enjoy.
在句中相当于时间状语的从句叫时间状语从句, 常由as soon as, when, while, as, after, before, since, ever since, until, every time, each time, next time等引导。
As soon as you arrive, give me a phone call. 你一到就给我来电话.
Mary was reading when I left. 我走的时候玛丽正在读书.
While I played the piano, sister did her homework. 我在谈钢琴,姐姐在做功课.
You can’t leave until you go through with your work. 不完成这项工作你不能走。
注意: 1. 用until引导时间状语从句时, 主句应用可持续性动词,如果主句是非持续性动词,则主句用否定形式. 如:
I won’t go until you come back. 你回来了我再走.
- 在时间状语从句中,常用一般现在时表示一般将来时, 用一般过去时表示过去将来时. 如:
Don’t forget to bring your DV4000 camera here when you come. 你来的时候别忘了带DV4000摄像机.
- 在由since 引导的时间状语从句中,主句用现在完成时,从句用一般过去时. 也可用“It is + 一段时间 + since (引导一般过去时的从句)”句型. 如:
He has worked in that company since he graduated from Wuhan University. 他毕业以来就一直在那个公司工作.
在句中相当于地点状语的从句叫地点状语从句.引导地点状语从句的常用词有 where, anywhere, somewhere等.
Make marks where you have questions. 在有问题的地方作出标记.
You can go anywhere you like. 你可以到你想去的任何地方.
Where there is a will, there is a way. 有志者事竟成.
在句中相当于原因状语的从句叫原因状语从句. 引导原因状语从句的常用词有because, as, since, for 等.
Roman was absent from school because he was ill. 罗曼病了, 没有上学.
As Parker was in a hurry, he left this bag home. 由于派克太匆忙才把包丢家里了.
Since everyone makes mistakes, you shouldn’t always criticize him. 既然每个人都会犯错误, 你不该总是批评他。
在句中相当于目的状语的从句叫目的状语从句. 常用in order that, so that引导, 译为 “为了,以致, 以便”.
Rhonda spoke very slowly in order that we could follow. 朗达讲话很慢, 以便我们大家都能跟上.
We’ll sit in the front of the hall so that we can hear more clearly. 我们坐在大厅的前面，以便听得更清.
在句中相当于结果状语的从句叫结果状语从句.常用来引导结果状语从句的引导词或短语有so that, so…that, such… that等, 译为 “如此……以致于”, “结果”.
Miss Gao is so kind that we all respect her. 高老师很和蔼，我们都很尊敬她.
This was such fine music that it was worth listening to twice. 这音乐太好了, 值得听两遍.
在句中相当于条件状语的从句叫条件状语从句. 常用来引导条件状语从句的连词有if, unless, as/so long as, once等.
If you correct all your mistakes, your work is nice. 如果你能把所有的错误改正, 你的工作就很出色.
As long as you promise to go, I’ll surely go. 只要你答应去, 我当然去.
Once you begin, you must continue. 你一旦开始，便不可停下来.
You cannot succeed unless you work hard. 如果不努力， 你是不会成功的.
注意: 由if 引导的条件状语从句,不管主句是用一般将来时还是一般现在时,或当主句是祈使句时, 从句都用一般现在时; 主句是过去将来时, 从句用一般过去时.
If the weather is fine tomorrow, we’ll go hiking. 明天天气好的话, 我们就去徒步旅行.
在句中相当于让步状语的从句叫让步状语从句, 常用的引导词有though, although, even though, even if, whatever, whichever, whoever, whomever, whosever, whenever, wherever, however 等.
Although/ Though Toby works very hard, (yet) she makes very slow progress. 尽管托比很努力,但进步还是不大。
Even though/ if you say so, I do not believe it. 即使你这么说，我也不信.
Whatever you do, you should do it well. 不管做什么事, 都要做好.
用来进行比较的状语从句叫比较状语从句,常用来引导比较状语从句的连词有as…as, not as/so …as, than等.
Carol speaks English as well as you do.卡罗尔英语说得和你一样好.
He does not run so fast as his brother. 他不如他弟弟跑得快.
Burton was more successful than we had expected. 伯顿比我们想象的要成功得多.
在句中用作方式状语的从句叫方式状语从句, 常用来引导方式状语从句的连词主要有as, as if, as though等.
You should do as I tell you. 你应当按我告诉你懂得去做.
It looks as if/ as though it is going to rain. 看来要下雨了.
- If it sunny tomorrow, I fishing in South Lake.
- is, go B. will be, go C. is, will go D. will be, will go
- –I’m sorry to hear that Bill failed exam again.
-Don’t worry about him. I’m sure that he will never give up until he
- succeed B. succeeds C. succeeded
- –Lucy, what about going camping if it tomorrow?
- didn’t rain B. doesn’t rain C. won’t rain D. hasn’t rain
- There is going to a sports meeting next week. If it , we’ll have to cancel it.
- be, will rain B. have, will rain C. be, rains
- –Could you please tell Peter that I want to talk to him?
-Sure. I will let him know as soon as he back.
- comes B. came C. has come D. will come
- You do much better you’re more careful with your spelling.
- if B. before C. although D. unless
- Peter was tired that he couldn’t continue running.
- very B. too C. so
- It was snowing hard, we had to stay at home and watch TV.
- that B. so C. but D. because
- –Why did you come to school late this morning?
- I watched the Football World Cup until 12 o’clock last night.
- If B. Because C. Since D. though
- My grandma didn’t go to sleep I got back home.
- where B. until C. as soon as D. while
- –Mary, what about going boating if it tomorrow?
- not rain B. will rain C. doesn’t rain D. won’t rain
- Ask your friend to call me back as soon as she back tomorrow.
- will come B. comes C. coming
- –Jack, you look tired today. What’s wrong?
-I was busy I didn’t go to bed until midnight yesterday.
- too, to B. enough, to C. so, that D. such, that
- –Tell him about the news when he , John. –Yes, I will.
- comes B. will come C. would come D. is coming
- I tried to call you I heard from him, but you were not in.
- since B. while C. until D. as soon as
- It ten years since we last in Beijing.
- was, met B. has been, met C. was, meet D. is, meet
- None of us knew what had happened we heard the news on radio.
- after B. until C. when
- Mrs Shute wouldn’t leave the TV set, her children were waiting for their supper.
- if B. because C. even though D. as soon as
1.Could you take out the trash? ----Sure.
2.Could I borrow the car?
-----Sorry,but I need it.I have to go to a meeting.
3.I have to make the bed and do the laundry.
4.what’s the best cinema?
-----Showtime Cinema.It’s the cheapest.
5.Jason’s has good quality clothes.It’s better than Trendy Teens.
6.Jason’s is the best store in town.
1．do chores 干家务，做杂事 2.do the dishes 洗餐具
3.do the laundry 洗衣服 4.sweep the floor 扫地
5.take out the trash 倒垃圾 6.make the bed 铺床
7.fold the clothes 叠衣服 8.clean the living room 清理客厅
9.stay out late 呆在外面很晚 10.get a ride 搭车
11.work on 从事，忙于
12.in a fun part of town 位于市区好玩的地段落
13.friendly service 友好的服务
14.comfortable seats 舒适的座位
15.do a survey 做一个调查
16.dance to music 随着音乐跳舞
句型一: Would you like / love (to do) sth.?
—Would you like to go to the cinema with me?
—Yes. I’d like / love to.
句型二:Shall I / we do sth.?
Shall we go to the zoo?
句型三:Let's do sth.
Let’s listen to this tape, shall we?
句型四:主语+had(‘d) better (not) do sth..
You’d better go to hospital at once.
句型五:Why not do sth.?
该句型是Why don’t you / we do sth.?的省略式,表示向对方提出一种建议或询问某种原因,暗含有责备对方的意思,意为“为什么不……?”。如:
Why not go and ask your teacher?
=Why don’t you go and ask your teacher?
句型六:What / How about (doing) sth.?
What about meeting outside the school gate?
—My father is a worker.
—What / How about your mother?
【接受建议的应答语】Yes, please. / OK. / Certainly. / Good idea. / That’s a good idea! / What a good idea!/ All right. / Sure. / With pleasure. / Yes, Let’s ... / I would be glad to. / Yes, I’d like / love to.
【不接受建议的应答语】No, thanks. / Sorry, we can’t. / Sorry, you can’t. / I’d like / love to, but ...等。
句型一:I’d / We’d like to invite sb. to ... 意为“我 / 我们想邀请某人……”。如:
I’d like to invite you to my birthday party.
句型二:I hope you can do ...意为“我希望你能……”。如:
I hope you can go to the cinema with us.
句型三:Will you please do sth.?意为“请你做……好吗?”。如:
Will you please come to my home, Mary?
句型四:Do you want (to do) sth.?意为“你想要(做)……吗?”,常用于好朋友和家庭成员之间。如:
Do you want to come with us?
句型五:Would you like / love to do sth.?意为“你愿意做……吗?”。如:
Would you like to meet my family?
句型六:You’d better do ... 意为“你最好做……”。如:
You’d better go with me.
- Yes. With pleasure. / Yes, I’m glad to.
- That’s very kind of you. Thank you. / It’s very nice of you. Thank you. / That would be very nice. Thank you. 你太好了,谢谢你!
- I’d love to come. Thank you for inviting / asking me. 我很高兴来,感谢你邀请我。
- Yes / Certainly / Sure. I’d like / love to.
- I’d love / like to, but I have to ...
- I’m very sorry, but I can’t ...
- That’s very kind of you, but I’m afraid ...
- Sorry, but I can’t. Thank you all the same.
( )1. —I hope you can come to my birthday party next Sunday.
- Yes, you can B. Certainly! It’s here
- Not at all D. Of course. With pleasure
( )2. —Would you like to come to my office this afternoon?
—I’d love to, _______ I’m too busy.
- so B. but C. as D. and
( )3. —Why not go camping this weekend?
- You are right B. Good idea
- That’s right D. Never mind
( )4. —The room is so dirty. ________ we clean it?
- Will B. Would C. Do D. Shall
( )5. —Would you like to drink some juice?
—Thanks. __________, but I have drunk a lot of tea.
- I’d love to B. I think so
- I’m afraid not D. I don’t think so
( )6. Be careful! The water is too hot. You’d better ____________ it right now.
- do not drink B. not to drink
- not drink D. not drinking
- I know(that) he is a Canadian athlete.
- I don’t know whether/ if my parents agree with me.
- He didn’t say whether or not he would be staying here.
- what, who, whose, which等连接代词和when, where, how, why等连接副词引导宾语从句时,这些词在从句中充当一定的句子成分,都有各自的词义,不能省略。如:
- He didn’t understand what the teacher said.
- I don’t know when we will have a meeting.
- Do you know where he lives?
- 当主句的谓语动词是 think, believe, guess, suppose, imagine, expect等词时,宾语从句中的否定词常常转移到主句中,译为汉语时,仍把从句翻译成否定的意思。否定转移句的主语一般是第一人称。如:
- I don’t think (that) Tom is wrong.
- I want to know how he came yesterday.
- She asked if he was leaving for Beijing soon.
- The teacher told us that the moon moves around the earth.
I don’t know if / when he will come tomorrow. (宾语从句)
If / When he comes, I’ll tell you about it.(状语从句)
I want to know how I can open the door.
→I want to know how to open the door.
Could you tell me how I can get to the post office?
→Could you tell me how to get to the post office?
We found that the boy was very clever.
→We found the boy very clever.
I saw that they were playing basketball there.
→I saw them playing basketball there.
1.I want to know_____the day after tomorrow.
A.what he will do B.what will he do
C.what he did D.what did he do
2.---Could you please tell me_______?
----It’s next to the post office.
A.where is the supermarket. B.where the supermarket is
- where was the supermarket D.where the supermarket was
3.No one can be sure_____in a million years.
A.what man looks like B.what will man look like
C.man will look like what D.what man will look like
4.---Could you tell me______tomorrow morning?
----Well,it will start at 9:00 o’clock.
A.when the meeting will start B.where will the meeting start
C.where the meeting starts D.when the meeting would start
5.---Could you tell me how long______the book?
- I can keep B.Can I borrow
C.I can borrow D.can I keep
6.Liu Ling’s mother wanted to know______.
A.if she studied hard at school
B.how did she study at school
C.what did she study at school
7.Excuse me,could you please tell me which gate______?
A.we have to go to B.we had to go to
C.do we have to go to D.did we have to go to
8.Can you describe_______?
A.what your friend is like B.how your friend is like
C.what does your friend look like D.how your friend looks like
9.---Can you make sure______?
---Sorry,I can’t.But I did see her just now.
A.where did she go B.where she had gone
C.where she has gone D.where will she go
10.He asked his classmate where_______.
A.does his teacher see the film B.his teacher saw the film
C.did his teacher see the film
11.---By the way,do you know the National Spelling Bee?
---No,I never heard of it. Tell me_______,please.
A.what is it B.what it is C. it is what D.is it what
12.Our teacher asked me_______.
A.what was Ann doing these days
B.why Peter didn’t come to school yesterday
C.when will the dolphin show begin
D.how long I usually spend on my homework
13.“Excuse me,do you know ______?” “Sorry,I don’t know.”
A.where is No.1 Middle School
B.where No.1 Middle School is
C.No.1 Middle School is where
D.No.1 Middle School where is
14.---How does she come to school?
---I asked how ______ to school.
A.did she come B.she came C.does she come
15.Do you know ______ this time yesterday?
A.what she is cooking B.what is she cooking
C.what she was cooking D.what was she cooking
16.The teacher asked Lucy_______.
A.where does she come from B.what did she like best
C.if she could speak Chinese D.when was she born
17.Don’t worry.I’ll tell Mr.Green_______he comes back.
A.when B.how C.why D.where
18.---We can use MSN to talk with each other on the Internet.
---Really? Will you please show me________?
A.how can I use B.how I can use
C.how can I use it D.how I can use it
19.The foreigner asked me______ I could speak English.
A.if B.what C.that
20.The shoes are neither cheap nor comfortable. I can’t understand_______ women like buying them.
A.why B.when C.whether D.how
in 100 years 100年以后 space station 太空站
fall in love with sb. / sth.爱上某人/某物
go skating 去滑冰 dress casually穿着随意
the World Cup世界杯 come true变成现实
be used by被…使用 science fiction科幻小说
in the future将来 help with在…给予帮助
help do sth. 帮助做… the same as… 和….一样
wake up醒来 over and over again再三地,反复地
a hundred year ago 100年以前
keep out不许进入,阻止在外 out of style过时
argue with sb.=have an argument with sb.与某人争吵
in style = be fashionable 时尚,时髦
write sb. a letter.=write a letter to sb. 给某人写信
buy sb. sth.= buy sth for sb. 为某人买某物
call sb.up = ring sb. up = make a telephone to sb.
on the phone 通电话 need to do sth.需要做某事
pay for sth. 付款 borrow sth from sb. 向某人借某物
ask sb.for sth. 向某人要某物 find out 查明事实真相
plan sth. for sb. 为某人计划某事 do wrong 做错事
leave sth somewhere把某物落在某处 fail a test考试失败
pass a test 通过考试 get on 相处,进展
get on well相(人)处好,（工作）进展顺利
have a fight with sb.跟某人打架
get on well with sb.与某人相处融洽
complain about抱怨… fit…into找到时间做…
return = come back = give back = get back回来,归还,给回
return sb sth = return sth to sb. 归还某人某物
look up(在词典工具书中)查询,查阅 not …until直到…才
compare A with B 拿A跟B比
on (the )one hand 一方面
on the other hand 另一方面
1.What do you think life will be like in 100 years?
2.Every home will have a robot.
3.Will kids go to school?
No, they won’t. They ‘ll study at home.
4.There will be fewer trees.
5.My brother plays his CD too loud.
What should I do ?
Why don't you talk to him about it?
不明确代指某个人、某个事物、某些人、某些事物的代词叫不定代词。如: all, both, each ,every, some, any等。它们没有主格和宾格之分，在句中可做主语、宾语、表语、定语。由于英语中不定代词数量较多，用法也较灵活，前面我们已就其中的大部分在词汇里作了讲述，在这里这只着重讲述一下复合代词的作用及用法。
复合代词指的是有some-, any-, every-, no- 与-one,-body,-thing构成的词，具体如下表所示：
Somebody must have been using my books. They are all mess on the shefl.
Have you got anything else to say before you leave?
What I get for you is something you are intersted in.
I haven’t seen anybody around here that I can turn to for help. (anybody用于否定句，表示“任何人”。)
Does someone here know Lily’s telephone number?
Someone/Somebody seems to have been here.
There’s nothing important in today’s newspaper.
If you want to get something successful, you are to work twice as hard.
There’s somebody’s backpack left in the classroom.
It’s anybody’s plan,not time.
I cannot finish the work on time. Can someone else come to help me out?
There’s already five people included in our guoup.
Does anything else would prefer to join.
Who put the light out before I finishd my work?
Whom/Who have you chosen to take part in the sports meeting?
To whom do you usually turn when in trouble?
Whom/who do you usually turn to when in trouble?
They are all good at maths,but whose is the best?
Whose do you like better, Jack’s or Sally’s?
Both Jim and Jack speak English. Whose pronunciation is better?
Heven has already taken her bag away. Whose is this？
Whose is this album of stamps of 2003?
= Whose album of stamps of 2003 is this?
Whose are those packages of cookies?
=Whose packages of cookies are those?
Which is more interesting,this book or that one?
I don’t know which to choose.
Which cities are you going to visit this summer?
What makes you love your hometown so much?
What do you usually do on Sunday?
What are your parents?(作主语)你的父母是干什么的？
What interests do you have?(作定语)你有什么兴趣？
Which color do you like better,purple or pink?
What color do you like?
What is your father?你爸爸是做什么的？（询问职业）
--- Who is the man?那个人是谁？（询问身份）
--- He is my brother.他是我的哥哥。
One another和each other表示相互关系，所以叫相互代词。在剧中常用作宾语和定语。作定语时，在第二个词尾加’s.
One another表示两者以上的相互关系，each other表示两者的相互关系，但现在一般多用each other代替one another.如：
We must help each other and learn from each other.
Who’s it? It’s me.是谁？是我。
My watch is missing. I can’t find it anywhere.
Don’t read in the sun. It’s bad for your eyes.
It is time for lunch。该吃午饭了。
It is a long way from here to the zoo。
It is raining now。正在下雨。
What is this？It is a computer。
It took me two hours to do my homework。
I found it very difficult to work out this problem。
替代词one, ones, the one, the ones, that, those, it的用法区别
I have lost my pen，I am going to buy one。
I have a new coat and several old ones。
I prefer this one to that one。我喜欢这个，而不喜欢那个。
These yellow ones are so small。I want those green ones。
This is my apple and that is yours 。这是我的苹果，那是你的
I do not like this pen .Show me a better one。
- that 作为代词用来代替上文中出现的名词,它表示与前面同类的东西.
The price of wheat is higher than that of rice. 小麦的价格比大米高。
that one 用来指代同类事物中特指的另一个,可与that替换.如：
This story is not so interesting as the one / that we heard last night.
He will ask me to lend him some money and I can’t do that.
We see him when he comes to town,but that isn’t often.
The students in our class work harder than those in their class.
- it代指前面提到过的名词,而且就是那个名词,即同类事物. It可以替代单数可数名词和不可数名词,如:
Do you want the magazine? Yes, I want it.
I don't want to drink the tea. It is too hot.
1.－How many of these books have you read？
______of them . Every one .
A．Many B. Some C.All D.None
2.—Have you heard of the accident about Lucy and her father？
—Accident？ No,I have’t . Tell me about_____.
A.it B.her C.him D.them
3.We’ve got two TV sets , but____ of them works well.
A.any B.both C.either D.neither
4.I haven’t checked my emails today , because there’s____ wrong with my computer.
- something B.anything C.anything D.nothing
5.－When shall we go to the park, this moring or this afternoon?
－ ___is OK. I’m free the whole day.
A.Either B.Neither C.None D.Both
6.－ Is there _____ in today’s newspaper?
－Yes. Shenzhou VII will be sent up into space in the near future.
A.nothing new B.new nothing
C.anything new D.new anything
7.－Is ____ ready for the journey?
－No. We haven’t got a camera.
A .everthing B. something C.nothing D. anything
8.Mr Watson won’t be here next week, and_______.
A.neither his wife will B. neither his wife won’t C.his wife won’t neither D. his wife won’t either
9.－Oh, these presents are so nice .
－The CD is form Betty and the books are from____.
A.I had Helen B.Helen and me
- Helen’s and mine D. Helen and I
10.－ Do you live alone . Mr Wang ?
－Yes , I have tow children. But _______ of them lives with me. They are now studying in England.
A.both B. none C.neither
11.It rained heavily yesterday , but ______ of the students was late for school.
A.both B.all C.none
12.China has a much ____population than _____.
A.larger, Russia B.more , Russia
C.larger, that of Russia D.more, that of Russia
13.“Who’ s your English teacher ?” “Miss Gao . She teaches____English very well.”
A.our B.us C. ours D.we
14.This isn’t my schoolbag ._______ is in my desk ,
Mabe it’s his .
A.Mine B.My C. Me
15.The pears in my basket are smaller than ______ in Jim’s.
A.it B.that C.ones D.those
16.－ ________ will make your grandma happy if you buy a walking stick for her birthday,I guess.
－It sounds a good idea! She has some problems walking now.
A.That B.It C.This D.What
17.There are two new buildings near the sea, and ______ of them are very tall.
A.none B.all C.neither D.both
18.－What do you do on Saturday mornings?
－ _______ much. Isleep until none.
- Something B.Nothing C.Anything D.Everything
in front of 在---前面 get out of 从---里面出来
take off （飞机等）起飞，脱下（衣帽等）
an unusual experience 一次非同寻常的经历
walk down 沿着----走 jump up/down 跳上跳下
run away 逃跑，跑开 next to 在---隔壁，紧挨着
shout at 朝---叫喊，呼喊 at the doctor’s 在医院，在诊所
hear about 听说 everyday activity 日常的活动
take place 发生 a national hero 一名民族英雄
be mad at sb =be angry with sb 生某人的气
first of all =at first 起初，首先
not any more 不再，再也不 pass on sth to sb 把---传给某人
leave a message 留口信 take a message 捎口信
be supposed to 被期望---，被要求做---
be good at =do well in 在---方面做的好，擅长于
in good health 身体健康
end—of--year exams 期末考试 report card 成绩单
a disappointing result 一个令人失望的结果
copy one’s homework 抄某人的作业 get over 克服，原谅，恢复
open up 打开 outside world 外面的世界
a good start 一个好的开端a good influence 一个好的影响
in danger 在危险中
The boy was walking down the street when the UFO landed .
While the boy was walking down the street , the UFO landed .
What were you doing when the UFO landed .
She said she was mad at Marcia
She said she was having a party for Linda.
He told me he would call me tomorrow /the next day
She said she could speak three languages.
一、 概念和用法：过去进行时表示在过去某一时刻或某一段时间内进行或发生的动作。也可理解为是描述一件事发生的背景；一个长动作发生的时候，另一个短动作发生。其形式为was /were + V-ing。常用的时间状语this morning, the whole morning, all day yesterday, from nine to ten last evening,last night, last Saturday,when, while例如：
We were watching TV from seven to nine last night. 昨天晚上七点到九点的时候我们在看电视。
What was he researching all day last Sunday? 上周日他一整天都在研究什么？
What was she doing at nine o‘clock yesterday? 昨天晚上九点她在做什么？ (介词短语表示时间点)
When I saw him he was decorating his room. 当我看见他的时候他正在装饰房间。 (when从句表示时间点)
While he was waiting for the bus, he was reading a newspaper.他边等车边看报。 (两个动作都是延续的)
He was cleaning his car while I was cooking. 他擦车时我在做饭。(两个动作同时进行)
四、 通常不能用于过去进行时的动词主要有：agree, be, believe, belong, care, forget, hate, have(拥有), hear, know, like, love, mean, mind, notice, own, remember, seem, suppose, understand, want, wish等。例如：
误：I was knowing the answer.
正：I knew the answer. 我知道答案。
误：I wasn‘t understanding him.
正：I didn‘t understand him. 我不明白他的意思。
What were they doing just now?
1) Mary ___ a dress when she cut her finger.
- made B. is making C. was making D. makes
2) As she ___ the newspaper, Granny ___ asleep.
- read; was falling B. was reading; fell C. was reading; was falling D. read;fell
答案B.句中的as = when, while，意为"当……之时"。描述一件事发生的背景时，用过去进行；一个长动作发生的时候，另一个短动作发生。句意为 "在她看报纸时，奶奶睡着了。"句中的 fell (fall的过去时)，是系动词，后跟形容词，如：fall sick。
He went to Beijing the other day.（带具体时间）
a) would ,used to与过去时
used to 表一贯性有规律的习惯
They used to meet and would sometimes exchange one or two words.
b) Would 用于文中不用于句首，只表过去习惯。
Used to 表今昔对比的含义，叙述习惯动作可与would 换用。
When he was a boy , he would often go there . （叙述过去）
She isn't what she used to be. (今昔对比)
c) 表示状态时一般只用used to
Tom used to be fat /There used to stand a tree there. (状态)
d) was (were) used to +ving表示“合适于，适应于…..”
He used to work at night . (“习惯”表经常)
He was used to working at night. (习惯表适应)
He sat there and listened to the radio.(依此发生)
What were you doing at 8:30 last night? (过去某时刻正在发生)
During that time he was going with us.(表示打算)
－与always ,often ,usually 等连用表喜爱，讨厌等感情色彩。
He was always Changing his mind.
I was reading the book at that time. (未读完，“读”的片段)
I read the book yesterday. (已读完，表整个“读”)
It was raining all night.(优先用was raining ,rained 为持续动词，故也可使用)
He was writing a letter the whole of afternoon. (短暂动词与持续时间连用，表反复，连续发生，不可用一般过去时)
例：He broke a chair while he was jumping up and down.
I was cooking the dinner while he was playing the piano.(平行)
I cooked the dinner while he played the piano.
I saw him while I was walking to the station.
1表心理状态、情感的动词，如love ,hate ,like ,care ,respect ,please ,prefer ,know 等，若用进行时则词意改变。
I’m forgetting it . (=beginning to forget )
2表存在、状态的动词，如appear ,exist ,lie ,remain ,stand ,seem等
3 表感觉的动词，如see ,hear ,feel ,smell ,sound ,taste等.
4表一时性的动词，如accept ,allow ,admit ,decide ,end ,refuse ,permit ,promise等。
考题1 As she ____the newspaper ,Granny ____ asleep .(95)
A. read /was falling B .was reading /fell
C. Was reading /was falling D. read/fell
考题2 Tom ___ into the house when no one ___ .
A. slipped/was looking B. Had slipped /looked
C. slipped/had looked D. was slipping /looked
分析 此题先要理解好when ，表“此时”，说明主句中slipped是较短行为，而look是较长行为的片断，即汤姆溜进房子，此时没人瞧见，故选A为正确。
- when 和while引导的状语从句中，强调某个动作正在进行的过程中时要用进行时态，while表示一段时间，因此它所引导的状语从句中，谓语动词常用进行时态，如：
When/While we were having supper, the light went out. 我们正在吃饭时灯熄灭了。
I was walking in the street when someone called me. 我正在街上走时突然有人喊我。
Tom was getting up at six o’clock every day that week. 汤姆那一周里每天都是六点钟起床。
John was always coming to school late. 约翰上学总是迟到。
Lei Feng was always doing good deeds for the people. 雷锋总是为人民做好事。
It was a dark night. The wind was blowing hard and the rain was falling heavily. A PLA man suddenly appeared on the river bank. He wanted to cross the river.那是一个漆黑的夜晚，风刮得很厉害，雨下得很大，一个解放军战士突然出现在河岸上，他想过河去。
I was taking a walk when I met him. 我正在散步，突然遇见了他。
We were playing outside when it began to rain. 我们正在外边玩，这时下起雨来了。
- go, come, leave, start, arrive等动词可用过去进行时表示过去将来的含义。如：
I was leaving for Wuhan that day. 那天我正要去武汉。
She was coming later. 她随后就来。
三、过去进行时表示婉转语气（只限于want, hope, wonder 等动词），用以提出请求。如：
I was wondering if you could help me.
I was hoping you could send me home.
1.My brother ___ while he ___ his bicycle and hurt himself.
A. fell, was riding B. fell, were riding
- had fallen, rode D. had fallen, was riding
2. Tom ___ into the house when no one ___.
A. slipped, was looking B. had slipped, looked
- slipped, had looked D. was slipping, looked
3.The last time I __ Jane she ___ cotton in the fields.
A. had seen, was picking B. saw, picked
- had seen, picked D. saw, was picking
4.I don ' t think Jim saw me; he ___ into space.
A. just stared B. was just staring
- has just stared D. had just stared
5.I first met Lisa three years ago. She ___ at a radio shop at the time.
A. has worked B. was working
- had been working D. had worked
6.---Hey, look where you are going!
---Oh, I ' m terribly sorry.________.
A. I ' m not noticing B. I wasn ' t noticing
- I haven ' t noticed D. I don ' t notice
7. The reporter said that the UFO ___ east to west when he saw it.
A. was traveling B. traveled
- had been traveling D. was to travel
8. I ___ my breakfast when the morning post came.
A. had B. had been having
- have been having D. was having
9.When I arrived at his office, he ___ on the phone.
A. was speaking B. spoke
- had been speaking D. had spoken
10. “ What ' s the matter, Ali? You look sad. ”
“ Oh, nothing much. As a matter of fact, I ___ of my friends back home. ”
A. just thought B. have just been thinking
- was just thinking D. have just thought
１．John_______（work） all day yesterday.
２．He _______（walk） home when the （rian）_______begin.
３． —What______you _______（do） at ten o'clock yesterday﹖
—I_______（studay） in class．
４．When Harry _______（have） breakfast Lily _______（telephone） him．
５．When I ________ （go） to school this morning I ______ （see） a car running into a bus．
- 6. This time yesterday Jack ______ (mend) his bike.
7. I ______ (write) a letter at ten last night.
8. It was six. The Greens ______ (have) supper.
9. When you ______ (knock) at the door yesterday,I ______ (do) some washing.
- 10. While my mother ______ (watch) TV, I ______(make) a kite.
- They wanted to know when we were leaving for Shanghai.
- Soon the whole town was talking about it.
Have a good/great time过得很愉快 take away 拿走
around the world 在世界各地 make a living 谋生
all the time 一直 play football 踢足球
in order to 为了 around the world 全世界
run out of 用尽,用完 by the way 顺便, 附带说说 be interested in 对…感兴趣 far away 在远处
the Olympic Games 奥林匹克运动会
- If you do, you’ll have a great time.
- You should wear your cool pants.
- How long have you been skating?
I’ve been skating since nine o’clock.
- When did you start skating?
I started skating at nine o’clock.
You dislike adventurous sports, don’t you? 你不喜欢冒险运动, 是不是?
Sophia is not good at playing the Violin, is she? 索菲亚不擅长拉小提琴, 是不是?
2． 反意疑问句的答语：在回答这类问句时，不管反意疑问句前的陈述句是肯定的或是否定的，事实是肯定的， 就用yes来回答，事实是否定的，就用no来回答。
-You didn’t attend the conference, did you? 你没参加研讨会，是吧？
-No, I didn’t. 是的, 我没参加./Yes, I did. 不， 我参加了.
You are coming this evening， aren’t you?
Lucy often goes to the theater, doesn’t he?
Sophia can play the piano, can’t she?
You’ve read the evening paper, haven’t you?
注意: 反意疑问句中, 如果后半部分出现的是否定副词, 必须用其缩写形式.
You are not interested in reading, are you?
You didn’t tell Toby the news, did you?
You haven’t finished your work, have you?
（1）在肯定的祈使句后可加上will you？would you？won’t you？ can you？could you， can’t you？等，从而使语气更加委婉。
Come in and sit down, won’t you?
Be sure to come on time, can you?
Make less noise, will you?
Don’t be careless, will you?
(2) 在Let us/me祈使句后加will you?或won’t you? 在Let’s祈使句后加shall we? 或shan’t we? 从而使语气变得更加缓和.
Let me do it, will you?
Let us do it for you, will you?
Let’s have a rest, shall we?
4．陈述句部分如果含有否定意义的词时（如：never, seldom, hardly, few, little, no one, nobody, nothing, neither, none等）,疑问部分必须用肯定式.
You have never been to Beijing, have you?
No one will believe you, will they/he?
This is an unimportant question, isn’t it?
5．There be和That/this be 结构中的反意疑问句，陈述部分是there be 结构时，疑问部分用be there结构；是That/This be 结构时，疑问句部分用it 代替that或this。
There are some students playing， aren’t there？
That’s a good idea, isn’t it?
- 不定代词作主语时的反意疑问句: 陈述句部分如果有everything, nothing等表示事物的词作主语时, 疑问部分的主语用it, 陈述部分若有everyone, someone, anyone, no one 等不定代词作主语时,其疑问句部分的主语既可用he, 也可用they.
Nothing has been said at the meeting, has it?
Everything goes well, doesn’t it?
Nobody wants to make mistake, do they?
7．否定前移的反意疑问句: 陈述部分是含有宾语从句的复合句时, 疑问部分中的动词和主语应和主句中的动词和主语保持一致.
He never thought I would come, did he?
They told us that we needn’t go to school tomorrow, didn’t they?
如果陈述部分是 “I don’t think (believe, guess, consider, feel, find, suppose等)+宾语从句”时,疑问部分中的动词和主语应和宾语从句的主语保持一致, 并且要用肯定形式.
I don’t think that he has done that, has he?
- She is a singer, ?
- doesn’t she B. hasn’t she C. isn’t she
- I told you not to be late again, John, I?
- do B. did C. don’t D. didn’t
- –You will go swimming this Saturday, won’t you?
- . I have to work this Saturday.
- Yes, I will B. Yes, I won’t C. No, I won’t
- Nothing is difficult in the world if you put your heart into it, ?
- aren’t there B. are they C. isn’t it D. is it
- What about Sally? She’s done her best these days, ?
- hasn’t she B. isn’t Sally C. hasn’t Sally D. isn’t Sally
- There are some people on the playground, ?
- aren’t there B. are there C. are they
- –How many students do you think are still in the classroom now?
-I’m afraid there are few of them, ?
- are there b. aren’t I C. aren’t there D. am I
- –Let’s go and play football, ? -That’s wonderful.
- will you B. do you C. won’t you D. shall we
- I don’t think she will agree with me, ?
- won’t she B. will she C. does she D. isn’t she
- Light doesn’t travel as fast as sound, ?
- doesn’t it B. is it C. does it D. do they
- –You don’t come from England, do you?
- . I come from Australia. How do you know that?
- No, I do B. Yes, I do C. Yes, I don’t D. No, I don’t
- Yangyang never plays video games in his spare time, ?
- is he B. isn’t he C. does he D. doesn’t he
- Go to see a movie with us tonight, ?
- shall we B. will you C. don’t you D. aren’t you
- –Katty isn’t going to the beach with us tomorrow, is she?
- . She has gone to Hainan Island.
- No, she is B. Yes, she isn’t C. No, she isn’t D. Yes, she is
- –Jim, please copy the new words in this lesson, ?
-But I copied them yesterday evening.
- do you B. don’t you C. didn’t you D. will youUnits7-8复习要点
1.--Would you mind moving your bike?
--Not at all. I’ll do it right away.
2.--Could you please take out the trash? --Sorry, I’ll do it right away.
3.--What should I get my mom? --How about a CD?
--No, that’s too cheap.
4.--What’s the best present you have ever received? --A bike.
- would mind doing sth 介意做某事
- would mind not doing sth 不介意做某事
- turn down 调低，关小（收音机等） turn up 调高
- right away=at once=in a minute 立刻，马上
- get annoyed=get mad 恼怒，生气
- wait in line 排队等候
- follow sb around 跟在某人周围
- order food/room 订购食物/房间
10.some time 一段时间 11.sometime 某个时间
12.social behavior 社会行为 13.put out 扑灭，熄灭
14.Why don’t you +动词原型…？=Why not +动词原型…？为什么不…？
15.special/creative enough 够特别/够有创意
16.too…to… 太…而不能 17.good company 好伙伴
18.give away 赠送，分发，捐给…
19.pay for… 为…付钱，付报酬 20.rather than 而不是
21.enter a contest 参加一个比赛
22.all over China/the world 全中国/全世界
23.encourage sb to do sth 鼓励某人做某事
24.make progress 取得进步 25.hear of 听说
26.make friends with… 和…交朋友
否定式：not + (to) do
To finish the work in ten minutes is very hard.
To lose your heart means failure.
It is very hard to finish the work in ten minutes.
It means failure to lose your heart.
Her job is to clean the hall. 她的工作就是打扫大厅。
He seems to know everything about this thing.
常与不定式做宾语连用的动词有：want, hope, wish, ask, (would)like, offer, fail, plan, learn, pretend, refuse, manage, help, agree, promise, (would)prefer。如果不定式（宾语）后面有宾语补足语，则用it作形式宾语，真正的宾语（不定式）后置，放在宾语补足语后面。
He found it important to study English.他发现学习英语很重要。
I have no choice but to stay here.
He did nothing last Sunday but repair his bike.
以下动词常跟动词不定式充当宾语补足语：want, wish, ask, tell, order, permit, help, advise, persuade, allow, prepare, cause, force, call, wait for, invite.
I told Jeff to give up his bad habits,but he wouldn’t listen.
I have some friends to invite. 我要邀几个朋友。
He found a good house to live in .他发现一个可以住的好房子。
The child has nothing to worry about. 孩子没有什么可担心的。
如果不定式修饰time, place, way, 可以省略介词：
He has no place to live.他没有地方住。
This is the best way to work out this problem.这是算出这道题最好的方法。
We have made a plan to finish the work.
He is the first to get there. 他是第一个到那的。
He worked day and night to get the money. 他日夜工作来赚钱。
He arrived late to find the train gone.他到迟了结果发现火车开走了。
Nell went away only to leave his two children by themselves.内尔走了，结果只留下两个孩子。
They were very sad to hear the news.听到这个消息他们非常伤心。
It’s too dark for us to see anything. 天太黑了，我们什么也看不见。The question is simple for him to answer.
To tell you the truth ,we don’t want to have you.
He wished to study medicine and become a doctor.
- 使役动词let(让),make(使),have(使)等；感官动词see（看见），hear（听见），feel（感到），watch（观看），notice（注意到），look at（看），listen to（听）等跟不带to的不定式作宾语补足语。但改为被动语态时，不定式前应加上to 。如：
They heard her sing in the next room.
She was heard to sing in the next room。（被动句）
She helped her parents (to) clean the house. 她帮助父母打扫房屋。
What he did was lose the game. 他所做的就是输掉了比赛。
- 句中含有动词do时,but,except,beside,such as等后面to可省略。如：
Don’t do anything silly,such as marry him.
- 句中含有不定式，后面有rather than,rather than后面省略to。如：
I’d prefer to stay here rather than go there.
不定式可以和疑问代词who, what, which, 及疑问副词when, how, where连用，构成不定式短语，在句中担当主语，宾语，表语等成分。
What to do is a big problem. 做什么是个大问题。
I know how to use the computer. 我知道如何使用计算机。
Liu Di asked her when to start. 柳迪问她什么时候开始。
The question is how to get there. 问题是如何到达那儿。
注意：“疑问词+不定式”作宾语和宾语补足语时，常与下列动词连用：know, show, teacher, tell, find out, learn, decide, forget等。
I have no idea of how to do it. 我不知道如何做此事。
1．It’s time to do sth=It’s time for sth “是做…的时候了”
2．There’s no (time) to do sth 没有（时间）做某事
3．It takes sb. some time (money) to do sth 某人花费多少时间（金钱）做某事
4．Be+形容词+enough+to do sth … …足够做某事
5．Be+too+形容词+to do sth 太…不能做某事
6．be ready +to do sth 乐意做某事
7．It’s +形容词+for sb.+to do sth
8．be afraid to do sth 不敢做某事
9．prefer to do sth. rather than do sth 宁愿…也不愿
10．would like to do sth/would love to do sth. 常用于口语中，表示“喜欢…”
11．had better do sth （不带的不定式）“最好……”
12．Will/Would you please (not) do sth ? 请你（不要）做……好吗？
- We are often told _____ at people in trouble.
A.not to smile B.to smile C. not to laugh D.to laugh
- Would you please _____ the window? It’s too cold outside.
A.open B.opening C.not open D.not to open
- She prefers to offer more money for a better TV set _____ less for this one.
A.rather than pay B.to pay C.not to pay D.to paying
- My grandfather wants ______ around the world because he enjoys ______ new places.
A.traveling; seeing B.to travel; to see
C.to travel; seeing D.traveling; to see
- My watch is broken. I want to know how to make it _____ .
A.work B.to work C.walk D.to walk
- On her way home Lucy saw a thief ______ in a shop. She stopped _____ 110 at once.
A.steal; call B.to steal, call C.stealing, to call D.stealing ,calling
- The teacher told Lucy ____ too much time _____ computer games.
A.not to spend, in B.to not spend ,on
C.didn’t spend, playing D.not to spend,playing
- The girls were asked _____ go out at night.
A.to not to B.not C.not to D.do not
- Jack is very funny.He always makes us _______ .
A.laugh B.laughing C.to laugh D.laughs
- The headmaster told us ______ at the Science Museum on time
A.arrive B.arrives C.to arrive D.arriving
- Look out! The traffic is moving fast. It’s _______ dangerous _____ cross the street.
A.very,to B.so,to C.much, to D. too , to
- I’ve made it possible for my computers _____ the same programs by means of networking.
A.to share B. share C. shared D.shares
- ----Shopping with me? ----Sorry, Ihave a lot of clothes______
A.to wash B.washed C. wash D.to be washed
- Could you show us _______ a bike?
A.how to mend B.what to buy C.where to go D.how many to buy
- Lucy should do her homework now. But she doesn’t feel like _____ it.
A.does B.do C.doing D.to do
- The students are always _______ English or Chinese every morning on weekdays.
A.kept reading B. keeping reading C.kept to read D.keeping to read
- The river smells terrible. People must_______ dirty things into it.
A.be stopped to throw B. be stopped from throwing
C.stop to throw D. stop from throwing
- He found it hard ______ his class.
A.to catch up B.catch up with C.catch up D.to catch up with
- Would you mind ______ the window, please? It’s cold outside.
A.to close B.closing C.closed D.close
- You’d better _______ upstairs and tell the children ______ make so much noise.
A.go, not to B.go, don’t C.to go,not to D.to go , don’t
have / has gone to +地点 到某地去了（人不在此处）
have / has been to +地点 曾经去过某地，有曾经去过某地的经历
have / has been in +地点 在某地
an amusement park 游乐园 a roller coaster 过山车
end up 结束 end up with以….结束
a native speaker of English以英语为母语的人
such as 例如,比如 three quarters四分之三
listening / writing skill 听力/写作技巧
a large popution 人口众多 a small population人烟稀少
natural environment自然环境 small talk 闲聊
have problem doing sth做某事有问题 at least至少
thank-you note 感谢信 look through查看,浏览
so far到目前为止 get along相处 come along (意外)来到
1.Have you ever been to an amusement park?
No, I ’ve never been to an amusement.
/ Yes, I have. I went there last year.
2.Harvey and his friend are going skating.
3.It’s a nice day ,isn’t it?
Yes, it is. I really love hot weather.
4.You’re Jenny’s friend ,aren’t you ?
Yes, I am.
Reading aloud is very helpful. 大声朗读是很有好处的。
Collecting stamps is interesting. 集邮很有趣。
It’s no use quarrelling. 争吵是没用的。
Reading is really fun. 读书真有趣。
To read such a story is hard. 读这样一个故事真是难。
What he likes is playing football after class。
Do you enjoy listening to pop music？ 你喜欢听流行音乐吗？
We are thinking of making a new plan.我们正考虑制定一个新计划。
I am now busy sending postcards. 我现在正忙于邮寄贺年卡。
We found it no good making fun of others。 我们发现取笑他人不好。
enjoy、finish、suggest、avoid（避免）、excuse、delay、imagine、keep、miss、consider、admit(承认)、deny(否认)、mind、permit、forbid、pratise、risk、appreciate、be busy、be worth、feel like、can’t stand、can’t help、think of、dream of、be fond of、prevent(from)、keep…from、stop…from、protect…from、set about、be engaged in、spend…(in)、succesd in、be used to、look forward to、object to、pay attention to、inside on、feel like.
The old man has to walk with a walking stick.
This is an interesting story. 这是一个有趣的故事。
The man waiting at the gate is asking to see you .
see, watch, hear, feel, found, get, keep, notice, observe, listen to,
look at, leave, catch, discover等。
Can you hear her singing in the next room.你能听见她在隔壁唱歌吗？
He kept the car waiting at the gate. 他让小汽车在门口等着。
（While）Woking in the factory，he was an advanced worker。
Being a League member，he is always helping others。
He stayed at home，cleaning and washing。
（If）playing all day, you will waste your valuable time.
He dropped the glass,breaking it into pieces.
He went swimming the other day. 几天前他去讲话了。（目的）
Though raining heavily,it cleared up very soon.
He practices speaking English everyday.
He admitted having broken the window.
I much appreciate your giving me the chance.
want(想要) ,hope, expect(期望), wish, decide, would like, refuse, manage, pretend, demand, offer, afford, plan, wonder, intend……等。如：
I am expecting to get a letter from my parents.
We are planning to build another research center.
(1)I remember doing this exercisde before. 我记得前做过这个练习。
Remember to post the book for me. 记住帮我把那本书寄走。
辨析：remember doing记得做过某事 (某事已做过）
remember to do记住去做某事 (某事还没做）
(2)We shall never forget hearing Jackson singing.
Don’t foget to give my regards to them.
辨析：forget doing忘了做过的事 (某事已做过）
forget to do 忘了去做某事 (某事还没做）
（3）I’ll try to improve my pronunciation.
Since no one answered the front door,why not try knocking at the back door? 既然前门没人答应，为什么不试试后门呢？
辨析：try to do尽力去做某事
(4)I suggest we stop working and having a rese.
They stopped to listen,but there was no more sound.
辨析：stop to do 停下（某事）去做(另一件)事。（表目的）
stop doing 把(正在做的)某事停下来。（宾语）
(5)What do you mean to do with your old bicycle?
I won’t wait if it means delaying a week or so.
辨析：mean to do打算做某事
Do you like to eat an ice-cream? 你想吃冰淇淋吗？
I like traveling very much. 我非常喜欢旅游。
It started to rain.开始下雨了。
Sonw started to melt as spring came.春天来了，雪开始融了。
I began to understand my mother’s feelings.
Mother was starting to cook in the kitchen when I got home.
6.在allow, advise, permit, forbid等词后面，有名词或代词作宾语，用不定式作宾语补足语，如果没有宾语，直接用ing形式，如：
We don’t allow parking here. 我们不允许在这儿停车。
The police don’t allow people to park here. 警察不允许在这儿停车。
7.need，require，want译作“需要”时，跟动词ing形式作宾语，主动表示被动，相当于to be done,如：
The windows require cleaning.
The windows require to be cleaned. 窗子要擦了。
can’t help doing, be worth doing, devote…to doing, look forward to doing, be/get/become used to doing, object to doing, thank…for doing, excuse…for doing等。
Einstein devoted his life to making a research in science.
I’m looking forward to getting your letter. 我期盼收到你的来信。
This was because there was no machine allowing a person to breathe under water for a long time.这是因为没有一台可以让人在水下长时间呼吸的机器。
We live in a place called Gum Tree.
Take away the broken glass. 把那个被打碎的玻璃杯拿走。
The sleeping baby is hers. 那个睡着的孩子是她的。
1.—Did you have any problems in London?
—Yes,______ Chinese food like rice, noodles and dumplings.
A.find B.found C.finding D.to find
2.—What’s made you so upset?
—_____ three tickets to the pop music concert.
A.Lost B.Losing C.Because of losing D.Since I lost
3.Sam enjoys_______ stamps. And now he has 266of them.
A.to collect B.collected C.collects D.collecting
4.We’re looking forward to ______the World Cup 2006 in Germany.
A.visiting B.watching C.looking
5.Would you mind ______more slowly? I can’t fellow you.
A.speak B.spoke C.spoken D.speaking
6.“Would you mind_____ the music?” “No,not at all.”
A.turn on B.to turn over C.turning on
7.—Are you afraid of _____ at home, Linda?
—No,I’ve grown up.
A.alone B.being alone C.lonely D.being lonely
8.When I _____ the farm, the children have finished _____the apple.
C.came;picked D.arrived in;to pick
9.—Where’s Mr Yu, do you know?
—Well,it’s hard to say. But I saw him _____.
A.was watching B.watching C.had watched D.watched
10.She ought to stop ______ ,she has a headache because she ______ too long.
A.to work,was reading B.to work,has read
C.working,has read D.working,read
11.Jane likes singing, we often hear her ______ after class.
A.sing B.to sing C.sings D.sang
12.—What ____ news it was! —Yes,all of the children were _____.
13.The doctor _____ a ______ boy yesterday.
A.had saved,dying B.saved,dead
C.has saved,dead D.saved,dying
1.Listen! Can you hear the baby_____?
A.cry B.to cry C.crying D. cries
2.—Do you like sports?
—Sure,I am looking forward to______ the 28th olympic games ______in Greece this August on TV.
A.watch;to be held B.watching;being held
C.watching;to be held D.watch;held
3.He asked me to give up working on this maths problem. It’s too difficult. Here “give up working” means______.
A.go on working B.stop working C.stop tp work D.work out
- The boy_____in the teacher’s office was found______ yesterday.
5.—Do you still remenber_______ me somewhere in shanghai?
—Yes,of course. Two years ago.
A.to see B.see C.seeing D.saw
- Would you mind_____me how______English words?
C.telling;to remember D.tell;remember
8.—Is Jim at home by himself?
— No. there’s another boy_____with him.
A.playing B.play C.plays D.to play
9.—Have you finished the work? —Not yet,
but no matter how hard it is, we’ll keep____until we make it.
A.failed B.trying C.tried D.failing
10.—Do you want to eat something?
—_____,thanks. I am feeling sick now. I don’t feel like_____.
A.Yes;eating something B.No;to eat anything
C.Yes,toeat any thing D.No;eating something